Chapter 8

I'm not hungry for food. Could he get any cheesier than that! He wasn't fresh out of teens trying to pick up a girl at a bar. Throwing a miserable line like that at his wife so he could get lucky tonight – what was he thinking! Well...he wasn't. Not when his petite wife started nibbling his neck. He bit back a groan. And that gentle sway of her hips when she walked away from him – he would bet that was deliberate.

The little vixen knew he missed her, that he wanted her. Question was did she want him the way he burned for her?

Fresh from the shower, he left his hair wet, pulled on a pair of shorts and a tee and rushed down the stairs to the dining room.

Varun found his mother and daughter seated at the dining table, busy having their dinner. They were having a rather interesting discussion about the merits of being a lion king. He smiled. His eyes searched for Naina. When he heard her voice coming from the kitchen, he walked towards it. Leaning against the door, he watched his wife seriously explaining the next day's menu to their cook.

She wore a light yellow sleeveless top over a blue and yellow striped pyjama. Her silky hair was pinned to the top of her head, few tendrils swinging by her cheeks as she nodded. She was deep in conversation and was yet to notice his presence.

"I'll make the roti when he comes down for dinner, you go to sleep," she was telling the cook, who nodded, and left the kitchen smiling at him. He had shushed her when she was about to say something.

He tiptoed to stand behind his wife who was busy kneading the dough to prepare his dinner.

"Hey beautiful," he whispered softly into her ears as he ran his palms up and down her arms.

He grinned at the way her breath caught and her hand stilled in the dough. He could feel the electricity buzzing between them. Trailing his nose along her ear, he kissed her on her neck. She tilted her head slightly to give him access, and he pressed himself to her, letting his hand slip up under her top to splay across her midriff.

"Raj..." his name on her lips spurred him on, and he dipped his hand a little lower. Moaning, Naina turned her head to meet his lips, but stopped him, when he would have kissed her. "Please...not now."

She turned around in his arms resting her back against the counter. One look at her darkening eyes, he knew stopping was the last thing on her mind.

He nodded and gave her quick peck. His family was right outside the door for heaven's sake. He had to behave. About to leave, he felt Naina pull him back. She fisted her hand around his collar, pulled him towards her, and standing on tip-toe she kissed him senseless with a devilish use of her tongue.

He staggered back when she unhanded his collar from her grasp. "Later." She smirked and patted his chest before returning to her task.

Holy fuck! How was he supposed to get through dinner with her taste exploding in his mouth? He almost dropped down on his knees begging for mercy. Thankfully, he had enough sense left to veto that pathetic display of weakness.

He made it to the door and held on to it for a second to compose himself before appearing at the dining table.

His mother and Ria were washing their hands after dinner. They both looked tired and ready for bed. At least he hoped they did. He sounded so horrible and desperate.

Definitely desperate.

"Papa, did you know Simba had a little brother?" Her eyes were wide and sparkled with curiosity.

"Hmm...did he?" Varun wracked his brains but couldn't recall a brother.

"Yes, dadima is going to tell me his story. What is his name, Dadima? I forgot," she asked, her voice bouncy with excitement.