𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 | 𝑰𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 |

(Published 9/Jan/2020)

September 3, 1002

September 3, 1002

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me you're still angry," Peter said to Imira as they did their morning training.

"He betrayed me," Imira replied, trying to stab Peter, but he evaded her sword easily and retaliated with a jab of his own.

"But did he really?" Peter asked, attacking her again. It had been one week since James told her the truth, one week and she still refused to speak to him. He tried writing to her, but she didn't even bother. His letter went straight to the fireplace.

For Peter, this whole not speaking to James was getting old. Especially because he was still there. Every other guest had left already, but James remained there trying to earn his sister's forgiveness. So far it was not going good.

Imira jumped out of the way and taped Peter's back with the flat side of her sword.

"What do you mean?" Imira asked.

As soon as Peter turned around she tried again. "I mean, he wasn't the one who chose to change the facts," Peter said, successfully evading her attack and managing to mess with her footing.

Imira stumbled forward but caught her balance just in time. "Are you on his side?" Imira asked, swinging her sword at him angrily.

"I'm on no one's side," Peter replied, using his shield to block the blow before countering with one of his own.

Imira blocked the blow with her bracers but fell to her right knee and by the time she got back up Peter had the tip of his sword by her head. "Well you should be," she said, throwing her sword at his feet before getting back on her own and starting to walk away.

Peter picked it up but when he turned to give it to her she was already gone. "That went well," Susan said, surprising Peter.

"I told you it was futile," Peter said turning to meet his sister. "He's her brother, she's gonna have to forgive him eventually," Susan said.

"You know, if James wants forgiveness then maybe he should come here and apologize himself," Peter said, offering Susan Imira's sword. He had tried, upon Susan and James' request, to convince her to forgive him. So far it had only earned him rudeness. "Instead of having us do his dirty work," he added.

"He asked for my help. What was I to do? Tell him no? He's my friend," Susan said, taking the sword and getting into a fighting stance.

"Friend, yeah. Some favour he asked," Peter said, waiting for his sister to make the first move. And she did.

"He didn't ask for us to fix it," Susan said, swinging her sword at him. "He just..."

Peter blocked Susan's swing. "Wants us to fix it,"