𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 | 𝑨 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆 |

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND A VOTE  :)

[Published FEB/23/2020]

"Imira, wake up," Peter said, nudging the sleeping girl.

No response.

He tried again. "Imira, sweetheart, we have to go," Still no response.

He hated waking her up, it always took her forever and she was rarely in a good mood for the first thirty minutes. But, alas, they had things to do, important things. "Imira,"

"I heard you the first time," she mumbled but made no effort to get up.

"You have to get up," Peter told her.

"No," she replied rolling to face the wall.

Peter chuckled. "Yes,"

"No," she covered her face with a pillow.

"Come on, love. You know you have to," Peter said pulling on his boots.

"I have to sleep, that's what I know," Imira replied uncomplying.

"Imira,"

"Piss off, my love," she replied sarcastically in the sweetest voice.

"Don't make me do it," Peter warned her, looming over the bed.

"You wouldn't dare," she said snuggling under the covers only to find them being yanked off her.

"Oi! It's cold!" she complained.

"I warned you," Peter said, holding back a laugh.

"You gormless plonker!" she tossed her pillow in his direction.

"Exclaimed the fair lady," Peter said, laughing as he caught it easily.

Imira couldn't help but laugh "You're such a twit sometimes," She shook her head at him but went to get dressed.

"Trousers and skirt?" Peter questioned her.

"It's bloody cold outside," Imira complained. "Last night it snowed,"

"I don't remember any snow," Peter said with a furrowed brow.

"It happened later. I couldn't sleep so I went out for some fresh air," Imira lied.

Within the hour they were ready to begin their journey North.

"So, what's this problem Edmund wants us to fix?" Imira asked as they rode. She had gotten a bit distracted the previous night and forgot to ask.

"Oh, well there are these two dwarves, right? One red and one black, and they live in the Shuddering Wood," Peter started to say, "A few days ago a complaint reached Ed, and, these dwarves, they are in a dispute over who is the owner of a particular piece of land," He took out his canteen and had some water. "As you know during the reign of the witch she took many prisoners and, unfortunately, this particular red dwarf was one of them,"