𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 | 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 |

Peter waited quite a while outside the throne room with Imira's cousins, wondering, as were they, what was going on behind those big green doors

"What do you suppose they're talking about? Imira and James," Peter asked Maxwell.

"Nothing I'd like to have a part in, that's for sure," Maxwell replied. Some distant shouting could be heard from the inside. It had everyone's ear up and got everyone whispering.

"I wouldn't give it much thought," Darren told Peter. "They were always fighting when we were children,"

"Yeah, it's probably nothing," Dean added, but Peter didn't look too convinced.

"So where's your sister?" Darren asked him, trying to change the subject to something more cheerful.

Peter had completely forgotten about her. "I suppose she's still asleep," Darren nodded.

The shouting had stopped now, but the silence only made Peter more anxious. "Did you know he was back?" Peter asked the three men.

They all shook their heads. "No," Maxwell said, hands in his pockets.

"Not a clue," Dean and Darren said in unison.

"It was rather odd, don't you think?" Peter shared his worries with them.

"Oh, absolutely," Maxwell said. "Totally unexpected," the twins echoed each other.

"And what's with the Lycian guards?" He asked them. For Peter that was the strangest thing of all.

"Right?! That's so bizarre," Dean agreed.

"The bizarre thing is that Hayley isn't even here," Maxwell said.

"She must be on one of those ships out there," Peter said, nudging his head towards the direction he believed the sea was.

"Or in Lycia," Darren suggested.

"She just might," Maxwell said.

"Maybe they're getting divorced. That could explain all the guards," Dean suggested.

"Yeah, they weren't getting along a few months ago," Darren said.

"They have never gotten along, but I don't see them splitting up. It's in no one's interest," Dean said.

"It'd be in James' interest," Maxwell said.

"Susan said they were getting just fina back in Cair Paravel," Peter told them. "Though I suppose things could have changed on the way here,"

"Yeah, they probably stopped in Lycia and had a fight or something," Darren suggested.

"That would explain the Lycian guards," Peter said. "But what would he come back unannounced?" Peter asked them.