an interview with @lionheart_writer.

Hello, and welcome to an interview with  lionheart_writer

Hello, and welcome to an interview with lionheart_writer. What may I call you?

You can call me Lionheart! That's what I'm going by nowadays.

Alright Lionheart, let's get this interview rolling! What got you interested in superheroes?

I'm not entirely sure what initially grabbed my interest, but I've loved superheroes for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of superheroes was probably me playing with this interactive Spider-Man book I had as a kid.

Would you say Spider-Man is one of your favorite heroes? Who else do you like?

For sure! Spider-Man has always been one of my favorites. I really like Scarlet Witch and Vision as well. And I used to be a big fan of Batman.

Good choices, good choices :) Would you say you have a preference between Marvel and DC? Are there other superhero universes you're a fan of?

Hmm... well, I haven't read a lot of D.C. comics and I vastly prefer the Marvel films over the D.C. films. So I'd have to say I prefer Marvel. I'm also a big fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. To my knowledge, they're not Marvel or D.C. Haha.

Maybe so, but they're definitely superheroes :) Let's talk about your books; I've noticed that you have three superhero works out right now, and that there's a fourth crossover book coming up, in a universe called the Lionheart Superverse! Can you give me some details on that, maybe a summary of the first book and what it's like to build up a universe?

Yes, absolutely! The Lionheart Superverse is my passion. It really started back when I was 10 or 11 and I started creating these superheroes and I started creating stories with them and such. But this whole adventure really kind of started when I wrote the first version of The Spectacular Sick Shot back in early 2015. Eventually, the book was rewritten and its sequel was discarded and then it was rewritten AGAIN in 2017. And THAT'S when the Lionheart Superverse really began to take form. I wrote The Legend of Mother Nature in 2018, then Robo: Interfector in 2019. And now, as you mentioned, I'm working on the crossover, Rise of the Guardian Alliance. I can't even express my excitement surrounding finally writing this book. It's been my dream since I was a kid and I couldn't be prouder of it seeing it come together. I can't wait to share it in just a couple of months.

Okay, well that was quite a mouthful. Lol. So the first book in the series is The Legend of Mother Nature (yes, I wrote The Spectacular Sick Shot a year before it, but I published TLMN first). Shamefully, I absolutely suck at explaining my books, so I'll just paste the blurb here:

"The prophecy of the serpent god, Quetzalcoatl, tells of a very special individual who shall restore him to his throne to rule over the earth. That special person is Anochti (ANN-uck-tee). She is raised by the Aztecs, trained to become the greatest warrior ever to walk the earth. For the prophecy also speaks of a powerful enemy that will do everything within their power to prevent her from fulfilling the prophecy... Her destiny.

When Anochti learns that her village is in grave danger, she must do everything to protect it- even if it means being banished for her efforts. Leaving behind all she's ever known, Anochti must travel to 1890s Rio de Janeiro to uncover the tomb of Quetzalcoatl and restore him to his rightful place, becoming the super hero known as Mother Nature."

Do you plan on continuing the universe, or will Rise of the Guardian Alliance be the final book?

Rise of the Guardian Alliance will probably be the last book for a while, but I'm not sure. I still have several more novels planned for the series, I'm just not sure when exactly I'll get around to them. But I've separated the series into different sections, so this will be the conclusion to Part 1. It'll wrap things up and give closure so that readers aren't really left hanging. I'm about to kind of step into a new chapter of my life you could say, so I don't want to make any promises to my readers, cause I'm just not sure how much time I'll have to devote to writing in the near future.

I'm curious as to how you came up with the name 'Lionheart,' is there any meaning behind it?

Do you mean in relation to my name, or the name of my superhero universe? If you mean my name, I started going by Lionheart because the Instagram community came to know me by that name and I decided to carry it over onto Wattpad because I needed a name change anyway.

But if you mean the name of my universe, I chose the name Lionheart because it describes someone who is brave and courageous, like a superhero. I just thought it was a really fitting title, considering the themes of the stories within the universe.

I agree, it certainly is a fitting title! Is there any advice you'd like to give the followers of this profile, be it writing or reading or life in general?

Hmm... well, I would say never give up. And that applies to your writing, your life, anything. If you want to achieve something, don't stop working to get it.

Well Lionheart, thank you for being a wonderful interviewee, and I wish you the best of luck in your writing!

It's absolutely my pleasure! Thank you so much for having me, it's really an honor.

Supers, be sure to head over to lionheart_writer's profile and check out his series! As always, stay super x