Chapter 8

Tobias

I look in the Mirror, down at my suit, wondering if it's a good idea to go to this dance. I shake my head looking to see my mom standing in the doorway with a big smile plastered across her face.

"I don't know if I should go mom" I say letting out a little sigh, turning around, looking at her with sad eyes.

"If this is about Minnie, you should go and show that you can still have fun, and not be the sad boy who sulks around at home, eating everything that's in reach" Christina says as I look back into the mirror.

Another sigh escapes my mouth, looking down at the pant legs wondering if they are too long, or not long enough. I mumble under my breath, fixing the tie once again shaking my head softly.

"Just remember to have fun" she smiles brightly, standing up straight as the doorbell rings, echoing up the stairs, through the halls and the bedroom doors.

I get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Looking back in the mirror taking one last look at my suit, taking a deep breath, heading down the stairs, grabbing my car keys from the hook. I smile softly seeing Kai and Quinn. Seeing Evan walk up the stairs, walking behind a bit a ways from the other two.

"Ready to go?" I ask as they all stand in the entryway to the house.

"Wait, I need pictures first" Christina says, rushing over to the piano, picking up her phone from the top of it, opening her camera. "Say cheese" she smiles brightly.

"Cheese" we all say together as I put bunny ears behind Evan's head chuckling softly.

"Have fun and be safe" Christina says smiling as the four of us walk out the door heading down the stairs, and to my car.

I get in humming softly to a song that has been stuck in my head thinking, as Evan gets into the passenger seat, and the other two climb into the back. The clicks of four seatbelts fills the silence and I start the car, pulling out of the driveway. Heading to the school, hoping that the dance won't turn out that I made the mistake of going to this stupid thing. But I will be with my friends, which hopefully, will help and make this a good night to remember.

================================================================================

Kai

We arrive at the gym doors, where the dance is being held, as it usually is. I walk in with my arm linked to Quinn's, smiling a lot as I wave to some of my friends.

"The couple should have the first slow dance" Tobias says smiling at Quinn and me.

Quinn giggles softly wrapping her arms around my waist. "I don't mind that at all" she says looking up at me with her soft blue crystal eyes.

"Okay" I reply, leaning my head down a bit kissing her lips softly, smiling against them.

She kisses back moving her hands up around my neck, smiling against my lips as well. I pull away, grabbing her hand softly, pulling her to the crowd in the center of the room. I wrap my arms around her waist softly, as she wraps hers around my neck, smiling up at me brightly. I sway us back and forth along to the music, thinking looking around for a second then back down at Quinn.

"Hi smiley" I say to her chuckling softly.

"Hi handsome" she replies, standing up on her toes kissing me softly.

I smile brightly kissing back, picking her up a little, spinning her around as she squeals. She holds on, pulling away from the kiss giggling, looking around for a moment. I set her down carefully, smiling a lot at her, kissing her cheek softly.

================================================================================

The four of us dance around to the music, bumping into each other and laughing a lot. I twirl Quinn around a couple times, as Evan and Tobias slow dance with each other jokingly. This is the moment that I realized that these three goof balls, will be my best friends for the rest of my life. And I am okay with that. 

================================================================================================================================================================

Word count: 697