Chapter 9

-3 months later-

Quinn yawns softly, sitting in the hospital waiting area bouncing her leg up and down looking at the door as it opens and closes again, with only doctors coming in and out in we or covered in blood scrubs.

"Nico will be out when she is here hunny" Beth says rubbing her shoulder softly, smiling at her.

"I know, I know" Quinn mumbles looking down at the floor sighing softly thinking about something.

"She's here" Nico says as he comes through the doors with a big smile plastered across his face hugging his mom, then hugs Quinn "Do you guys want to see her?" He asks looking between the two.

"You guys go ahead" Beth smiles "I have to wait for your father anyway, he is on his way from the studio, and picked up food for all of us"

"Okay" he replies and walks with Quinn to the baby area humming softly.

"What did you guys name her?" she asks as they walk down the hall, stopping in front of a glass screen.

"Cress Marie Marias" he smiles brightly pointing her out in a pink custom blanket Monica made.

"Aww, she's adorable" Quinn coos "She has your nose" she giggles softly.

"Monica said that too, but I don't see it" he chuckles watching Cress through the window thinking "So, how is Kai?"

"He's okay, we haven't talked much since he went to Hawaii for a mission or something to help people get food and supplies, they need" she smiles glancing up at him then back at the baby.

He nods softly "That's good that he is doing that" he smiles turning to her "I'm getting hungry" he chuckles softly.

Quinn giggles and walks with him back to the waiting room.

-A couple hours later-

Quinn scrolls through Instagram laying in her bed sighing softly seeing Kai posting and stuff but doesn't see any messages from him specifically. She chucks her phone off to the side watching it slump onto the blanket, laying there dully.

She gets up going to her closet pulling out one of the hoodies she stole from him a while ago, and a pair of plain light grey sweats, changing quickly hopping back into bed sighing again, hoping he will text her at some point. But if he doesn't, she understands. He's doing something that could save lives. And she wishes she could have gone with him, but she didn't want to seem like the clingy girlfriend.

Word count:414