Chapter 7 The Recations

Disclaimer I do not own the fan art or the characters just the story.

Remember:
Underline words: means Easter Eggs
........❤️...........: Time skip
'TAlking to self'

               Now on with the story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💙~~~~~~~~~~~

They finally made it back to the palace. They were all tired from the long, life changing day. Gwen walked out side when she saw them coming from out the window. By the looks of it nobody was hurt, which made her sigh in relief.

"Here you go." Said Arthur, passing the reigns over to the stable boy. With a sigh he began to think of how he would explain this to Gaius and how would Merlin feel about this when he wakes up.

He was lost in his thoughts when he heard the familiar sound of some one going down the steps of the palace . Author smiled knowing full well who those foot steps belong to. He turned around to see Guinevere. Who was smiling her normal kind smile that can take away anyone's stress away.

Arthur was happy to see his friend. "Hello Arthur how did it go? Did you guys get anything?" She asked as she tried to see behind his back. Arthur look over his shoulder to see where Gwen was looking. There was nothing, but Lancelot handing his horse over to the stable boy.

Arthur looked back at Gwen and noticed that not only was she still starring at Lancelot, but she had a little bit of blush on her cheeks. Arthur couldn't help but smile at her, knowing full well what that look on her face meant.

"Em em." Arthur said getting Gwen's full attention back on him. "To answer your question no we didn't catch anything."

"Oh you didn't." She said with a frown knowing how upset they all get when they don't catch anything. "Oh did Merlin catch a cold this time too?" She asked with her smile returning. Arthur was about to answer when...

"Oh he definitely got something, but it wasn't a cold!" Gawain said walking toward the the two of them. Thats when Gwen resized she hadn't seen her other best friend. "What to you mean?" She asked looking back up at Arthur. "Did something bad happened to him?" She said with worry in her voice. "No...well...yes... in a way." Arthur explained.

He saw that he was confusing her and himself. "Where is he anyway?" Arthur then remember that he left Merlin on the horse which was now in the stables. He then mentally face palmed. He ran off to go find him/her.

"Hey! Arthur where you going? Merlin is with Percival. Remember?" Arthur again mentally face palmed. How could he forget that he gave Merlin to Percival before he handed his horse to the stable boy?! "Oh and Gwen to answer your question Merlin is fine.... in a way." Gawain said reassuring her but still she was confused.

"Hey! Percival buddy can you bring Merlin over here please?" Gawain shouted, waving his hand towards Percival. Percival nodded and walked towards them with the sleeping Merlin in his arms.

Arthur looked at Guinevere and saw her confusion. "Um who's this?" She asked. "This is Merlin." Answer Percival. Gwen looked up at Arthur, who was looking back at her and said. "It is him look closely." She did what he said and her eyes widened realizing that it was Merlin. She put her hands over her mouth and looked at the three men in front of her. Then thought about it.

"You Guys didn't dress him up like that did y'all? Because you guys have taken your pranks too far this time!" She said with her hands now on her hips.

"WHAT?! We didn't do this!" Shouted Gawain pointing his hands at Merlin. "And he's not dressed up he is actually a grill now." Percival explained. "How?!" "It was a sorcerer and that dummy jumped in front of me, took the blast, and here we are." Arthur explain. "Oh my! Well hopefully Gaius knows a way to reverse this, let's go." Gwen said pointing up at the stairs towards Gaius chambers.