Chapter 30: Tobias

Tobias

She hasn't called.

I could feel something weighing down so heavily on my gut telling me that something wasn't right. I paced up and down for what like forever wondering if my instincts were right or if I was just being paranoid. I went over all of the scenarios in my head of what could have happened. And honestly knowing Monroe she probably took a long soak in the bath and forgot.

We had been texting non-stop since she got off the plane, when Jacob reached her I got a call from him and text incoming simultaneously from her. And the same happened when he dropped her off...

My Roe:

I've just got in the car with Jacob. And the sign, was that your idea Mr. Wrexler? ;)

Me:

Nice touch huh? ;)
Only the best for my baby. Good, I didn't want you to catch a cab anyhow, and for my own peace of mind I had to make sure you made it home safely xx

My Roe:

You are the cutest. Even when you're not here you're still taking care of me. I love you. And call me an addict but I miss you already babe xx

Me:

Only a few more weeks baby, I promise. And then you won't be able to get rid of me. I love you more xx

My Roe:

Impossible.
We are pulling up to my house now, I don't know how Jacob did it but he cut a thirty minute journey in half. He needs a raise ;)

Me:

I'll see to it babe ;)
Make sure you text me as soon as you get inside. I need to know my baby is safe and sound so I can sleep.

My Roe:

Will do.
Where did I find you? And where's my big strong man gone? I love this sweet side but you know I loveeee it when you get overprotective ;)

Fuck, she knows what she does to me.

Me:

Hmmmm, well put it this way...
If you don't text me when you're inside then I'll make sure you can't walk for at least a week when I get back.

My Roe:

Mmmmm, I love your threats ;).
Okay, okay. I'm just getting out. 2 minutes okay...

And that was the last text I received from her before Jacob called to say he had just dropped her off. Maybe she's right, am I being too much? I've never been sweet like this with anyone before but with Monroe, she just -

She makes me want to be like this with her. But maybe I am just overthinking everything, she could have taken a long bath after her flight and just forgot.

Usually, that would never be a problem but being a country apart was not putting any ease on this heavy feeling in my chest. I wanted to call her and just make sure everything is okay.

Call me protective, call me overbearing, call me every name under the sun but all I wanted to know was that my baby was okay. My instincts were never wrong, but today I begged that they were.

I had never hoped and prayed so much that my body was going against my rational mind. However, in this moment Monroe was the most important and I wouldn't be able to make that feeling go away until I heard her soft voice telling me that she is okay. Fuck it.