33: Acceptance

“So will you or won’t you?” Kale asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t think so.”

“Oh come on the party is tonight. Come, it will be fun.”

“I promise to show you a good time.” Jakeson pitched in from where he sat beside me.

“Parties aren’t really my thing.” I repeated myself for about the hundredth time that day.

Days flew by so quickly now and I was starting to settle into the flow of SèClairèVè Academy. Jared only ate in the cafeteria three days of the week so on the other two I had taken to sitting with Kale and his friends. “Rein you are going.” Brendon’s voice came from behind me and I could feel his chin rest on the top of my head and his elbows on my shoulders.

“You’re going?” I asked.

I could feel him nod and I laughed. “Well in that case fine I will go. Happy now?”

“Estatic.” Kale said rolling his eyes. He didn’t like the fact that Brendon had become my partner in crime as of recent. It was as if I was seven all over again, Brendon was like my little cousin Darrel who I used to be able to sit and have a conversation without even saying a word.

Jakeson smiled. “See that wasn’t so hard, now was it?”

“No it wasn’t-“ I started to say

“-you should look into getting some Viagra.” Brendon finished for me and we both laughed.

“Will you two grow up already?” Spencer groaned looking up at us from his geometry book. “I have a test next hour and I really need to study.”

“The second week of school and you already have a test?” Kale asked. “Bummer.”

“Just skip that class and make the test up tomorrow.” Jakeson offered with a shrug as he went back to eating his sub.

Brendon stepped away from me already able to tell what I was about to do. I turned to my right and snatched Spencer’s book away from him. “Come on.” I said getting up and stepping away.

“What?” he asked looking stressed.

“I’ll help you study. I aced geometry back freshman year I can teach you the tricks. Now come one so we can get some studying in before lunch is over.”

Spencer hopped to his feet and turned to look over his shoulder. “See you at football practice.”

The guys all gave a nod in reply looking like they didn’t actually care. “So what chapter do you have to get done?” I asked him as we took a seat beside each other on one of the long wooden benches that lined the main hallway.

“The second chapter. A review of all the algebra. I hated algebra.” He groaned and I opened up the book. I smiled knowing that for once my bored hours of studying I'd put myself through when living with Maruesa could be put to use.

Hello Hello - Ace of Base