Vivi Kills Me

(A/N: Hi you guys. I wish I could think of a cute name for y'alls, but unfortunately, I'm not clever like dat. I hope you like the story so far and any suggestions/constructive criticism is welcome cuz...as you can see, I don't exactly know what I'm doing xD. I would like it if you told me whether the story would be better as simple fluff or if you'd like it more with a simple plot that'd be resolved quickly. Please vote, comment, etc. because support is nice, right? Anyway.)

               I wake up with Cardan's hands still tangled in my hair, both of us undressed, and Vivi leaning against the door frame, crossing her arms. Cardan is still asleep, and I'm kinda trapped under him. I motion for help, and Vivi rolls her eyes before she starts yelling.

            "Cardan Greenbriar! You just bed my sister in your stepbrother's bed! How dare you do something as imbecilic and horrendous to the bed of the heir of the Faerie throne!" That's enough to wake him up, and he gives a jolt inside of me, which makes me wince. 

             "Oak might not have to be the next High King anymore," Cardan says, winking. I roll my eyes. "Get off of me so that I can clean poor Oak's sheets," I say.

----------------------

             I've shoved Oak's sheets inside the laundry machine, and currently, Cardan is marveling at how the laundry is spinning around and around.

              "Wait, Jude! Can I open the portal?" He yells over the chaos of the kitchen and the pounding of the laundry machine. Vivi and Heather have found a small place together, on the second floor of an apartment building. It gives off a very homey feeling, with Oak's pictures plastered all over the walls and Heather's paints covering the coffee table.

            "No! Cardan! Don't- I said don't-" I sigh. The soapy mess and the sodden clothes are now surrounding Cardan, stranding him on an island of soapy clothes. I give him my best 'I-don't-care-if-Heather-is-here-I-want-you-to-clean-this-up-right-now-with-magic-Vivi-is-already-going-to-kill-me-for-what-I-did-with-you-last-night-so-clean-it-up-using-magic-or-else-I'll-kill-you' glare. Cardan gets the gist of it, and the clothes and soapy water are returned into the laundry machine, whirring away, in seconds. That fiasco dealt with, I pull him away from the laundry machine and towards the kitchen table, where steaming hot pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and fried potatoes wait.

              "And what is this delicacy called?" Cardan asks Vivi, motioning to the scrambled eggs. "It is a very un-enticing shade of yellow."

                "They're called scrambled eggs," Vivi basically spits out. She's still mad.

               "C'mon, Veevs. I already laundered the sheets," I say. What I don't mention is that I put it in the laundry machine with all the other laundry. She'd freak out, going 'Agh! Sperm on everything!' And then she'd kill me. Again.

                 "Yes, and this way, Oak never has to become High King. Isn't that right, Oak?" Cardan winks at the younger boy. Oak looks at him with pure adoration. 

                   "If you and Jude can make that happen, I command you to do that right away! Command you on the word of the High King's current heir!" Oak giggles, dancing around the table and refusing to eat his pancakes.

                    "I don't think we should make it happen at the breakfast table," Cardan says nonchalantly. 

                    "Why not?" Oak asks innocently. Heather is trying not to laugh by stuffing bacon into he mouth, and Vivi is shooting daggers (no, Madoc always told me that knives are better for swordfighting, and daggers for murder. Vivi does want to kill me though) at my face. I am contemplating whether it'd be better for me to adapt Heather's technique, which gives me bacon, or killing Cardan, which would stop the innuendos that Vivi clearly does not enjoy. 

                    "Jude would make too much noise," Cardan continues. I grit my teeth. That clever little twit, exploiting on Oak's wish not to become High King. No one, and I mean no one, can reprimand Oak or anyone he favors. And Oak will favor anyone who can prevent him from becoming High King. But this...plan of Cardan's is far-fetched to the ends of Insmire and Insmoor. Honestly. Imagine me as a mother. I'd be teaching the kid how to swordfight the second he could pick up a knife. Wait. Imagine Cardan as a father.

                 I invoulntarily laugh out loud, getting suspicious glances from Vivi, but not from Heather, who is still stuffing her face with bacon (huh, maybe it wasn't for the laughing) or Cardan and Oak, currently chasing each other around the table. Every time Cardan passes by, he leaves the smell of Faerie coasting through my nostrils. The everlasting smell of Faerie fruit. They are so immature.

                 Vivi abruptly stands. "I will wash the dishes. Jude, care to go with me?" she asks chillingly. "O-kay?" I ask, being dragged from the table. I don't know why Vivi is this mad about what happened with Cardan. I mean. I guess I kinda get it. But Vivi has never disliked Cardan, and I thought they secretly admired one another for each other's ability to piss me off.

                  "Are you really mad about me and Cardan?" I ask while washing off the syrupy pancake plates at Vivi's slightly rusted sink. Vivi laughs quietly.

                 "Nope. I actually think it's kind of cute, even if it went too far." She gives me a pointed look, while trying to stiffle her giggles. I wrinkle my brow. 

                 "Then why the fuss?" I want to know.

                "First? I want him to know the line of PDA at our house. Since Heather is here, I can't exactly be hypocritical, but you can bed each other as much as you want back in Faerie. On Oak's bed? Please. No. And second? I've planned a surprise-" she's cut off there by Cardan exclaiming- "What's an amusement park? Sounds like another word for brothel."

                  I rub my face. "I am going to kill this man. Oak does not need to know what a brothel is."

                  Vivi groans. "And I'm gonna kill Oak. Secrets never stay secret around him. I was gonna make it a secret surprise for Cardan. He probably would've freaked out."

               I grin. "He'll still be freaked out. Think about it. Roller coasters."

                Vivi joins in. "Merry-go-rounds." I'm laughing now. Then, something hits me.

               "Oh. My. God. Cotton candy!" I shriek, no longer caring that I sound less like the High Queen of Faerie and more like a caffeinated 16-year-old girl.

               "So," Cardan says conversationally as he pops his head in the kitchen, "is it like a brothel?" I sigh.

               "Cardan told me what a brothel is!" Oak singsongs.

                 I swear. I am going to seriously injure this man.