Cotton Candy Banquet

(A/N: hi. since this is the last "real" chapter, the dedications will be at the end of the chapter. any dedications are for people that either a) voted b) commented c) added me to any type of reading list d) showed me any kind of support or e) made me laugh with their comments.

i am so extra sometimes.

this is not a bribe. i repeat, this is not a bribe. it's just a way to show gratitude. also, since this is the last chapter, it wouldn't be much of a bribe, would it? (me thinking like jude) 

y'all, i went through the story and wrote 'em all down. thank you. thank you so much. also, apologies. this was meant to be more of a fluff/lemon/smut/NOT PLOT INVOLVED thing, but...things happened.

and so now we're here. ik some of the people this will be dedicated to are not reading by now, and ykw that's fine, but you don't get to see your name in orange. it's a huge loss.

i didn't know how hard ending a story would be ;-;  my eyes are metaphorically sweating right now bc this was so awesomeeee. 

we not done, btw. i'll occasionally add jurdan ship chapters, but definitely more erratically and less often. 

i do have dozens of more ships, so if you liked this, you might want to visit my other account.

for the last [official] time, enjoy *sniff*)

I wake up to Cardan jumping on the bed.

"Today's the day, Jude darling."

"How are you even going to manage to get the cotton candy here?"

"I'm the King of Elfhame. I do what I want. Also?-there's someone at the door."

I groan, and shoot Cardan a death glare before I scrape my hair back into a disheveled ponytail and open the door.

I am met with the sight of the female from a day ago and Kere, former's hair once again pulled up tight and latter's hair disheveled and messy.

"What is it that you had to come to me at ten in the morning?"

The female's face remains impassive, but Kere pops up behind her and starts pumping my hand up and down. 

"We just wanted to introduce ourselves so you don't kill us for treason."

"Ah, yes, of course, Kere. It's not like you wanted to hook up with the High King." The female gives him a dry look.

Kere's face turns completely pink and he rolls his eyes. "Contrary to your beliefs, I do consider my life more important than my hookups." 

I snort. I feel like Cardan will like this guy. They can share tips on how to stay up all night gallivanting and still look amazing the next day.

"Well, now you've introduced yourselves-"

"I haven't." The blue-skinned female says, raising a brow. "My name is Stasia. It's not the best to meet you, but I suppose you can get me executed for saying that, so never mind. It's wonderful to meet you." She plasters on a smile, which looks more like a grimace.

Kere rolls his eyes. "She's considerably daft where socializing and being kind meet up."

"Oh, no. I think we'll get along perfectly fine," I comment, distinctly noting my rumpled nightclothes and my tangled hair. "I best be going, however. Thank you."

I slam the door on their faces, and turn towards Cardan. "You could've told me that there was someone at the door before they were pounding the door down." I comment, turning to my closet and picking out a modest dress made of black and white.

While it's sleeveless, it cuts right below my collarbone and doesn't have much of a neckline. The top is white, and the bottom is black, while most of the dress is a swirling gray. It brushes the bottom of my ankles when I hold it up.

"Yes, I could have told you, but I chose not to. And look at how wonderfully that turned out!"

I give him a flat stare. "It turned out for the two newest members of our land see me in my nightclothes without any type of bra."

He rolls his eyes. "Jude the prick, Jude the never-ending modest queen..." he flounces around singing, all while being fully dressed for the evening.

"You do realize it may be impossible to get the amount of cotton candy you want shipped to us, right? Even if we get Vivi and Heather to bring it over."

He looks gleeful. "That's why I bought Vivi a delivery truck."

As if called out, there's a loud honk in the courtyard. When I rush to the rust-ridden balcony, I see a ginormous delivery truck, and the Fae looking at it in fear.

I roll my eyes. "You never cease to surprise me."

He holds me tight, swirling me around. "I know."

---

(A/N: you guys. we're over. i can't believe we're here. i know the ending sucked, but i'm not gonna wrap it all up in a present box for you because guess what?-life goes on outside of this story, this book.

i think the best books are the ones where the characters live on outside of the plot.

okay. entering deep speech.

*cue dramatic music*

if you don't particularly care for sappy shit, you don't gotta stay. 

so the first person that read my writing encouraged me. that made me want to share with other people. so i did, and then that person basically told me that i sucked not only as a writer but also as a person.

and that's no fun, so i was always hesitant to share my writing, and when i started writing on this platform, i was really nervous.

which is also no fun. but you guys were awesome about it so thank you, and to the people that hate me...

you can hate me. idrc.

great. deep speech over.

*starts crying*

wow. i can't believe how hard it's gonna be to publish a book if it hurts this bad to finish off a story.)