Bamboozled

(A/N: hi. this will be the third to last chapter.

ik i said that about the last chapter, and i'm sorry, but you're stuck with me for three more chapters. tragedy.

edit: ;-; this story keeps on getting longer, so don't expect the word to be true on this either...

also, i forgot to mention. the two characters, from the last chapter, the light blue-skinned female and Kere, are mine. please don't copyright. i know. i'm a territorial human bitch. ahahahaha i'm so funny lol lmao

the chapter name fits the chapter pretty well, so...this will be the last "real" chapter, the only one with plot. the next is kinda like a prologue. so. edit: OMFG I SAID PROLOGUE I MEANT EPILOGUE '^'

stay home, stay safe. do your work. my sister has 153 assignments that she put off (x_x) and now she has to do all of them.

please vote, comment, and...enjoy the chapter, i guess.)

"Love really is the most important thing of all, isn't it?" Bryern says softly, voice full of lethal danger. 

Even though he's imprisoned. Cardan swiftly dismounts his horse and walks over to him, dragging him by the very-fashionable collar and hoists him onto the horse, earning a yell and a scowl. 

Cardan gets on in front of him. The army is slowly getting onto their knees. In front of their new King and Queen. 

I don't remember how long I wanted this moment. But now that it's here, my brain can't stop thinking about something else.

The fact that Bryern would do all of this...he has to be killed. Executed, to show order. But strange as it may seem, Madoc loves him. 

And curse my Faerie heart, but I can't do that to him. In twisted, dark ways, I can't handle my stepfather and my parents' murderer being heartbroken.

Not even thinking about the subject of Oriana. I crane my head back, just to see that she hasn't moved the slightest inch.

Her face is pallid, eyes empty.  

A nudge from Cardan makes me whirl around. The whole army, the rebels and the loyals, all of them. All of them are putting two fingers to their forehead, the mortal military sign of discipline and trust.

For their mortal Queen. And for a flash, I feel something so deep inside.

I never thought I would care about the subjects of Elfhame. I never did care. I just wanted power and its escape, its road to oblivion.

But there's something about that unyielding trust, the honor, the loyalty. They trust me as their Queen, and think of me good enough to be one. 

And sitting there, with Bryern still glaring at Cardan's back, army split in two, me in black clothes and two daggers and no crown to be seen, they bow. And for a second, I can't stop the tears from welling in my eyes.

-------------------------- (is this what i used last time? my memory ._. and my laziness ._. x2)

Cardan might've sent The Roach to torture the information out of Bryern, but what was the point?-he had told us everything and the initial threat of Elfhame's demise was gone.

Even Madoc wouldn't be able to bring down a kingdom without an army or personal access. My head starts pounding again. If I jailed him...

What would happen? Would there be an uproar about why I didn't kill him? Or one about why I jailed him instead of exiling him?