Prologue

Life is hard. Life is hard when you have parents who expect so much from you. Well in my case, my mother, Lana Syde. She always wanted me to top over everything. And I, even after trying, always ended up getting lost in the crowd of average.

My dad, Roy Syde. He runs a company. His own company which he'd raised from his own sweat and blood. He started from being any ordinary 25 years old to a successful millioner businessman. He was one of the known businessman in the country. He'd magazines been published about him and his life. Millioner having a big heart, sounds surreal but it's definately true in my father's case. He always had a big heart. Yet always a little strick about me as I was 'the youngest' in the house.

I also have siblings, two in total. The eldest is my sister name Pearl Syde. A beautiful women in her mid twenties. Perhaps very successful too. She did her masters in chemistry and became the head of the chemistry department in a known university. Also being married to a businessman, and expecting a kid soon too.

Now my second eldest brother, Miles Syde. Pearl's twin brother being only five minutes younger than her. He was also very handsome, strong and well build. With a sprinkle of blessed intelligence.

Both my siblings have always been 10× more intellegent, smart and good-looking than me. They always won over me, even if neither of us ever really fought about anything. Me being practically 8 years younger than them, had always been less experienced and less skilled than them.

Now my mom, a wonderful women, with an attitude of her own. The attitude which many times, gave discomfort to the people around, mostly her family. Mostly me, her daughter. It was like our family has just accepted her nature. Pearl anyway lived away with her husband and came to meet us occasionally. She was a free bird .. sucks for me though.

My mom is also the second wife of my father. Step mom for my siblings. I don't know much about dad's first wife, but as per I know, she left because of dad's poor income. Little did she know, the same man with a little income would become a millionaire businessman one day. I bet she must be regretting everything now, and she should. Leaving your loved one for money is not only selfish but also disrespecting and betraying.

It was the 22nd of July when I came to know that my brother was moving away in his new place. It was obviously sad hearing that someone I saw almost everyday and lived under the same roof for so many years was moving away. Even if we didn't have the best relationship as siblings, we were still family. And when a family moves away, it hurts.

It was rather a good day. In the morning, I woke up early. Got dressed up in a denim dress. It reached above my knees and were tight. Whereas the arms were full sleaves. It was even more fancying when I got to know that it had two pockets on either side of the thighs. That's the things about denims, it had pockets! Unlike simple dresses or gowns which lacks any kind of pockets so you have to carry your purse and phones in your hand by default. Frustrating I know...

I was dressed up because Miles had bought a house for himself and today, all of us family members were going to have a stay at his place for a day. According to him, he needed a space of his own to be able to look after the work properly, which was looking after the company's import and expost.

When I doing my hair, my mom knocked on the door. I gave her a smile throught the mirror where I could see her reflection. "Come in, ma," I told her and quickly put my hairs up in a pony tail. I liked my hairs not very long and not very short. So they were always shoulder level.

My mom stood behind me, she gave me an indifferent look. "I think I made it clear that you are going to wear a dress. The embroidery one," she said, clearly annoyed at my decision of ignoring her want.