5

This is what she wanted. This is what Lana Syde has always wanted. For Sophia to finally learn about business and work. This was finally happening and Sophia was so happy, all she wanted was to make her mother proud. Lana had always been dissatisfied with Sophia, no matter what she did. Nothing was enough. Maybe now, maybe this job which she'd earned with her own hard work was her way to make her mother proud. She couldn't wait for her to know. Couldn't wait for Lana to give her a proud smile and a small pat on her shoulder. Maybe a hug too.

Sophia had forgiven her mother, as she recalled the conversation where Lana accused Miles and Pearl that they didn't want Sophia's wellbeing. Yes, it was wrong and it felt wrong, but how long can two family members stay mad at each other. At the end of the day, someone has to break their walls taking the initiative, and in this case, Sophia was the one breaking her walls.

When she reached home, the first place she visited was her parent's room. Letting them know about this and capturing their reaction with bare eyes was Sophia's main motive. She just wanted them to be proud of her. If that was too much to ask. She knocked on the door and waited for permission to get in. She was bouncing on the ball of her feet impatiently. Excitement taking over. When the door didn't open neither did she receive any response, she pushed the door open only to realise that neither of her parents were there.

Huffing in disappointment, she gave up and decided to get freshen up first and then announce the exciting achievement. Sophia took a refreshing warm shower, all the stress and discomfort after sitting in one place for more than 8 hours was drenched over as the shower calmed her down. After a long, unwinding shower, she dressed herself into her night pyjamas as she let her hairs dry naturally. When she reached down, her mom and dad were getting ready for dinner.

Her parents greeted her with a hello as they all sat for the dinner like they do everyday. Sophia thought it would be a great idea to tell them about the job offer after the dinner so she bottled up the surprise and joined Lana and Roy for the dinner silently.

Roy was the first one to get finished with his dinner as he got up, ready to leave. Sophia's ever widened as she tried to resist him from leaving.

''Wait, hold on,'' Sophia yelled grabbing her father's wrist.

Roy frowned his eyebrows and let out a chuckle. ''What is it?''

''I've something to tell you,'' Sophia said looking and him and her mother.

''But Sophia I've got an online conference to do in two minutes. I can't be late,'' He explained grabbing his phone from the table.

Sophia hurriedly stood up, ''Okay, okay. I get it. I'll be quick,''

''Soph, don't waste your father's time,'' Lana warned in a demanding voice.

Sophia shook her head, ''I won't. Listen to be. it'll be worth it. I promise,'' She pleaded, intertwining her fingers together in front of her neck pleadingly. Sophia knew her father was a busy person, but a few minutes to listen to her wouldn't hurt.

''Okay, tell us. What is it?'' Roy asked, a little impatient, a little amused.

''I got a job offer from the company. Miles want me to join the company,'' She finally said smiling brightly waiting for their reaction. She was very happy that this internship led her to an actual job.

To her surprise, Roy spread his arms out for a hug. ''That's my tiger. C'mon, give your daddy a hug,'' And Sophia almost ran into his arms. Roy patted her back and pulled her away by her shoulders. ''Look, I told you everything will be okay. Enjoy your life. I got to go.'' He gave her one last smile as he left.

Sophia looked at him leave and then glanced down at Lana, who was mere quiet. ''Mom, what do you think?'' She asked quietly. Sophia visualized her mother to smile at her and tell her that she was proud of her. Even now, that's what she was waiting for.