8

A/n: An announcement at the end of the chapter :)

The silence in the room was deafening. Rushes of several kinds of emotions voyaged through both their veins. Emotions like nervousness, tiredness and ire belonged to Sophia at the moment. Miles? All he felt was fury. Rage was boiling inside of him as he heard his sister tell him stories. Stories which belonged to his own office. Happened there without any of his consent or knowledge.

By the time Sophia had finished, she had unshed tears in her eyes. It wasn't her fault, none of it were. But she still felt sorry. She absurdly rubbed her eyes to dry them with her fists. One look at her brother and she knew he was beyond angry. The softness in his eyes were long gone. Fury, rage and anger taking over. His eyes were dark and frightening. She was glad that she wasn't on his bad side.

''did he touch you?'' Miles growled. His voice cold and emotionless yet so furious.

Sophia shook her head. ''no. he was smart. He-he knew I'm your sister. He never took chances''

Miles nodded and closed his eyes and leaned his head back at his chair for a good long moment whilst Sophia didn't know what should be her next move. Get up and leave? Nah. Maybe ask him what he was going to do now? Sounds good.

''thank you for sharing it with me.'' Miles suddenly said opening his eyes. Now, his eyes were much calmer. Maybe it was the silence before the storm. But Miles had controlled his emotions wisely. By now, Sophia was struggling to guess the emotions on his face.

''my driver is waiting for you. Go home and rest.'' He got up and signaled her to do the same.

Sophia did get up on her feet but didn't move. Miles eyed her questionably. See wanted to say something. Like I want to stay and see what happens next. Miles he understood what she wanted to say by her body language and expressions.

''No. you're going home.'' He announced and he almost heard her groan.

Both of them started walking but Sophia suddenly stopped and took the support of the metal furniture by the wall as a sudden wave id dizziness crawled her head. All Sophia had eaten since the morning was puked out not very long ago which left Sophia with minimal energy.

Miles realized her weak state. He inched closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and helped her walk. Sophia was grateful for the affection Miles was offering her without even asking for it. Yes, Miles was a distant, quiet and many of the times unbothered about Sophia as an older brother growing up. But now when Sophia really got to see this side, the caring side, which was very rare, she was more than grateful.

''you don't have to worry about this anymore.'' He surprised her by suddenly conferring. ''not you, or any other women in this building. I'm going to take care of this mess.'' He continues as they neared the elevator.

Sophia nodded. Feeling relieved and finding her migraine slowly and steadily ache away.

The two of them saw Troy by the elevator. Biting his nails and pacing nervously. He rose his eyes and locked them eyes with Sophia's. His eyes were as big as saucers. Concerned and Troubled. His facial expressions visibly eased when Sophia gave him a warm smile. Almost letting him know that she was okay.

''Hey, are you feeling okay now?'' he asked softly looking down at her.

''she's fine. I'm sending her home to rest.'' Miles answered before she could. He looked at Troy dubiously. ''and what are you doing here?''

''me?'' Troy asked. ''um ... I was waiting for her.'' Worry was clear in his tone. His eyes glistered with warmth as he looked at Sophia.

Miles stared at Troy long enough until the boy felt uncomfortable under his Boss' glaze. Here, this man wasn't only a boss but a big brother. Unintentionally mixing both the personalities up.