|:|CHAPTER THREE|:|

Third Person POV

It was when Evanie was five years old around this time. She was a test subject and taken away from her biological family because she looked...different in some sort of way.

If you were there, you could still hear her screaming after her parents.

"Let me go! Please! Daddy! Mommy!"

Those cruel and terrible scientists put her in many unnecessary surgeries, stations, and tests. Painful tests. The scientists cut off something from her body that now give her a human like appearance. They didn't put her to sleep, no. Instead, they took a knife and cut that something off while she was awake.

After one year, she has been used to the pain, but then the scientists wiped her memory of everything that happened, causing her to pass out. Then next day, she woke up in a girly bedroom. Evanie met her new parents, and her new parents have been lying to her ever since.

Present Time, Evanie's POV

"Can you explain more to me about being hit with amnesia?" I ask.

"Well," she begins, "You were captured by some scientists. At least that's what King Zeve said. They took you and you never came back. We soon started to hear talk about your memory taken away. That scared us all. Ever since, we were worried for you, especially when you weren't on the planet. We assumed it were humans that took you away from us, so we transferred here when our entire planet gathered everything."

Planet? I'm from another planet? Yes, I do remember not remembering anything at all. Growing up I had back issues, but I just thought those were cramps. Could I be one of them? Wait, what am I saying? This is a bit too soon to jump to conclusions. I need actual proof before believing in any of this, because if I had amnesia and I can't remember anything, then I need pictures or documents or something like that.

Xandra interrupts my thoughts by saying, "Do you want me to see if my mom will allow you inside, to live here until the time being?"

I look up at her after recapping her words of definition. I slowly nod at her. That is what I need after all for my first night, a place to stay. She smiles and heads down to the fire escape to her apartment.

It would be nice to make this place feel a little bit like home, now that I'd be staying here for a while. I just hope that Xandra's parents are understanding, and will be able to keep me not too long so I won't be a burden to them. I would hate to be the one invading their personal property.

Now I realize that these things call this place home. I can't just kick them out and expect them to leave back to their home planet. Maybe I can make this place a land for humans and these alien creatures. Wait, that may not be a good idea, because the government could soon get involved and try to use them as a test subject. Yeah, not a good idea.

Soon, Xandra comes up the fire escape with a grin that goes to ear to ear.

"Mom says you're allowed to stay. She's thrilled! She also swears and promises that she won't tell the police or King Zeve that you're here," Xandra explains very happily.

I smile and sigh out of relief, thinking that her mother won't let me stay in their home for a while. With that being said, Xandra leads me down the fire escape, and crawls through the window leading into her room. Her room was filled with painted canvases she probably painted. Overall, her room was a bit girly. I kinda liked it.

We made it into what appears to be a very homey living room. It had your standard TV, two couches, and a hovering coffee table holding some books and a remote. There, sitting on one of the couches, what seemed to be Xandra's mother, since they looked alike--same black hair, pale skin, and baby blue eyes.