|:|CHAPTER SIX|:|

There were humans being abused in this humid cellar; there were babies and newborns crying, women screaming from the pain from a burning fire, men groaning from being hit with a giant wooden stick, girls and boys being whipped with a belt, seeming to be kept in slavery. This is terrible and I wish this wouldn't happen.

Laurence and I soon heard voices from a far. Laurence wrapped his arms around me quickly, and before I knew it we were back at our room. We quickly release each other and Laurence slowly walks and sits on the bed.

What the heck was that?! Zeve is keeping humans away in a cellar, having other Blanzes torture them for him. But why? Why keep humans down there? What's the purpose of torturing them to their death, especially children?

I'm starting to think Zeve isn't your friendly king he appears to be. He's torturing a ton of people in the penthouse building's basement. I can't describe how much I want to beat him to death, but I also have to remember that King Zeve is Laurence's father. How does Laurence think about all this? This is his father close to be killing humans.

At first I thought Zeve just wanted me because he missed me, but what I saw showed that he doesn't care if I'm back and safe, all he cares about is his kingdom developing and building. He wants it to last no matter how many humans or any living things her kills. How do I know this? If I'm being honest, I don't know. It's like I know but I don't know how.

"I can't believe dad's been lying to me, to his own son," Laurence expressinglessly said.

I slowly sit next to him and rap an arm around him. I feel one of his tentacles touch my hand, maybe as a thank you for comforting him. I thought the tentacles would feel slimey or something, but they feel soft and smooth.

Soon, we hear a knock on the door. Laurence says to come in and female comes in dressed as a maid of some kinds. She had her auburn brown hair in a bun exposing her bangs, and she had a black and white maid outfit.

"King Zeve has decided to make the ball tonight!" The maid's cheery voice notifies. "Oh, and Evanie?"

I perk up at my name. The maid gives me a large shopping looking bag with something in it. I hear the maid leave the room as I peer my head in the bag to see my dress. Taking the bag out, Laurence touches the soft fabric with his hands. There was something else in the bag, too. Raising an eyebrow, I pick up the item on the bottom of the bag to reveal a very pretty bracelet with emeralds all over it.

"I didn't order this," I mumble maybe loud enough for Laurence to hear.

"I know, that's because I did," Laurence said. I look to the side of me where he's sitting. "I want you to wear it to the ball tonight."

"I will."

~~~

It's the night of the ball, and I haven't put on my dress yet. The beauty grewer was working on my makeup and put something natural on besides the eyeliner. Laurence was in another room while I was getting ready here in ours. Wait what? Well, we are eventually gonna have to share this room.

I can't believe I'm agreeing to this, and I have to set those humans free before it's too late. I'm a bit concerned that I didn't see my parents. Oh, please Lord, I don't need them dead too soon. Should I even be worrying about this though? It's the night of the ball and I shouldn't worry too much, right?

Oh who am I kidding I should be worried sick! I haven't seen them in so long and I can't even express how much I miss them. Every night before I got here I'd cry myself to sleep just missing them, wanting their comfort. But I couldn't do anything about it. I was weak and scared that if I came back, they'd do something terrible to me. But no, I'm one of those Blanzes and I have to live that way from now on.

This doesn't mean I'm gonna stop fighting. I will always fight for the people I adore for. To be honest, I'm starting to care for the Blanzes because like Xandra's family, they're really nice. However, I don't think every Blanze in Lex City knows about Zeve torturing the humans that did nothing but live here. Maybe to Zeve, they did do something; they took away the future queen and completely put her under amnesia into forgetting everything, even forgetting how important she was. Those were scientists, not specifically all of them.

I went in the bathroom, and put on my big green dress. Still, I know nothing about balls. I'm hoping they're like the ones in the movies, but these aren't humans, they're a type of alien. They may have different traditions and different styles of dancing. It's a bit surprising that they wear human like clothing, unless they've always worn human like clothing. Not that it matters it's just I'm still new to all of this.

Soon, I got out of the bathroom and saw the beauty grewer and the hairdresser squeal in excitement. I never felt this pretty before, and I decided to leave my platinum dreadlocks down as well. The dresser in the corner of the room, putting away a few things, came over to me and put Laurence's bracelet on my wrist. It was very pretty, and I think that me and Laurence's relationship will grow, since I am supposed to be the "future queen", and me and Laurence were good friends at some point in time.

An announcement goes off, telling everyone to head to the ballroom because people are arriving. I'm hoping to see Mr. and Mrs. Ashveen, along with Xandra. I haven't seen them in a bit since everything is happening so quick and fast. The future did really make an impact, huh?

One of the sweet ladies guided me out of the room, to the horrific elevator that I dread dearly. This is going to be so much "fun". Just in case, if anything happens, I brought my pistol. It's underneath my dress, as it sits in the shadows next to my thigh attached to a small belt.

We got into the elevator and the door opened to reveal the throne/ballroom before us. It was enchanted and fancy with a lot of people already dancing on the dance floor, and some on the side have conversations. There was a snack bar with a punch fountain. That's something you don't see every day.

Eventually, all eyes were on me, and the Blanzes parted a path leading to Laurence in the middle of the floor. Laurence smiles at me with his white teeth. I gulp and slowly walk towards him as I feel the stares going on me.

This is something that I am not used to. Usually, I stay in the shadows not wanting to gain the attention surrounding me. However, today I have to have all of the attention, and it's all because that I'm being betrothed to the prince of Lex City. It feels like betrothals aren't my culture, because I grew up around Americans, but now, I don't know, it feels different now that I know that I was never an American.

Once I made it in front of Laurence, there was nothing but silence filling the space. I avoid making eye contact with Laurence, feeling very uncomfortable with all these eyes facing my directing. I felt a hand on my chin, and look up to see Laurence turning my face to face his.

"Don't think about the world around you," he mumbles loud enough for me to hear. "Just focus on us dancing, and pretend that they aren't looking at us."

I slowly nod but then whispered, "I don't know how to dance."

"Just follow my lead."

Laurence takes a hand out for me to take. I hesitantly, but slowly take his hand. He pulls me into his chest and without realizing it, we're dancing. It's been forever since I did something like this, or been to a special event.

Like I said, I should probably not worry but again, I can't help it. Everyone is up here watching me and Laurence dance, while me and Laurence know that there are humans suffering, and screaming so loud. The room down there must be sound proof or something because I can't hear a single soul.

Soon, the music stops and me and Laurence stop dancing. Still in position me and Laurence look around to see the ones who were once staring at us, to the ones who are clapping and cheering us on. I smile at the actions that they make.

The world around me and Laurence turned into a blurr and all I could see was me and Laurence in a black room. I'm not one to call this Stranger Things, but for some reason, I am in a black room. Soon, Laurence vanishes into ash and I yell his name. In a panic I look around and see nothing but black.

Find us a familiar female voice said. Mom.

"Mom!?" I yell very loudly. "MOM!?"

I soon felt the water stroll down my face. Then, I hear something that sounds like a wave. I turn around to see a huge wave over come me, and soon enough, I black out, very confused.