|:|CHAPTER SEVEN|:|

I woke up with a pain on the back of my head, like someone hit me with a rock. I was awaken with the familiar face of Laurence looking down on me, sitting on the side of the bed. King Zeve was standing on the end of the bed, with a fake worried look. What happened?

Trying to sit up, Laurence quickly lowers me, and gives me a cup of water to drink. I take it and drink the liquid ever so slowly. Then I recap on what has happened in the ballroom. That black room blinded my eyes, yet I could still see my physical self. I then heard my mother's voice calling after me, telling me to find her. It felt like I was in some sort of message, a message from my mother to find her, and help her.

The thought of that brought me to tears, and I immediately broke down crying in agony. Laurence held me close to his warm chest that's still covered in his tuxedo. I don't like it when bad things happen to me, and I live. When that happens, people try to give me sympathy, the sympathy that speaks "everything is going to be okay", when in reality, it wasn't. When you see me crying, all I want you to do is comfort me and don't tell me it's going to be okay. Nothing is okay when you see someone crying over sorrow.

"Do you want me to get you more water, Evanie?" I hear Zeve's voice say across the bed. I lift my eyes up at the lying king. "Perhaps even some food?"

"No," I quickly say almost trembling over my words, "I don't want anything from you at the moment."

Covering up my tears, Zeve leaves the room, leaving me and Laurence alone once again. It's nice to know that people care for you, especially when you must've passed out in the middle of a room full of people, but I can't trust Zeve. I know that he was trying to help me, or "help" me, but at this point he's deceitful.

I know he didn't see us in the humid room, and has no idea about our actions, but he needs to stop terrorizing those innocent people. Some of them may be guilty for other things they've done, but that doesn't mean they get tortured for almost 6 years. Zeve is a damaged in the head man, who wants nothing but his kingdom and title to grow. I still don't know how I know what the king wants, I just know like I said.

We need to expose his of his false actions. Pointing out the obvious, hurting humans is not okay, especially when most of them are innocent, and did nothing but live and be here. Does Laurence want to expose his father? Wait, do other guards in the building know about this? I slowly shake my head and sit up on the bed below me.

"Laurence," I speak up with my voice trembling a bit. "We have to expose your father."

"I agree," he states. "I would never imagine my own father to do such harm to innocents. If I expose him, will you stand by my side?"

I focus my brown orbs into his blue ones. I slowly nod at him, slightly smiling in the motion. Then, Laurence's face comes closer, and closer, until we hear the door fly open to reveal Xandra with her small tentacles. She says my name in excitement, jumps on the bed and gives me a warming hug.

Then my eyes follow to see her parents smiling. They must've been in the ballroom, or heard rumors around the city.

"Sorry I didn't acknowledge you that I came here," I apologize.

"No need to be sorry," Mrs. Ashveen forgave me.  "We were all a bit excited that you turned yourself in."

"How do you all know each other exactly?" Laurence asked. I forgot that he never knew where I was hiding all this time. Now I remember that if someone put me into hiding, they'd be arrested. I thought of a lie quick.

"We crossed paths," I lied.

"Oh, okay," Laurence said.

"Okay, well, we only came here to see how you were doing," Mr. Ashveen stated as I slowly nod and release Xandra from my arms. Mrs. Ashveen grabbed Xandra's small hand and left the room.

They are such a sweet caring family and I wouldn't want to put them at harm. If I ever did I would never forgive myself. Plus, they risked their lives into hiding me from the king.

Zeve to me isn't a king, he's a fraud. I'm starting to think how neutral I am becoming between the Blanzes and the humans. I want both worlds to be safe with no harm interfering with their lives. 

Life, why can't both worlds be safe? I know you give me so many answers, but why can't you give me this one? Now I have the feeling that I may have to pick in a world to stay in. If I pick my parents, if they're still alive, I can live with them again, but then I'll have to live in another lie. If I pick the Blanzes, I will be living in truth and seeing what was my real destiny. Either one I pick, I will be living in guilt. It doesn't matter how hard I try to leave from it, it's going to be guilt everywhere I go.

We need a plan, a plan that will expose our king of a fraud perfectly. Not a plan that will happen poorly, a plan that will happen with power, and with greatness. I have this off feeling that I know it's going to happen pleasantly with everyone once they find out the news.

Now on to my plan. I'm thinking about the next ball when it happens. The next ball where I don't almost die and end up in my room again. An idea fires off in my head. We'll have myself say a proud and honoring speech of how grateful I am to found, and how grateful to have everything the it was, even when I don't know how it originally was. Then, I'm going to start off with the word "but". That's when everyone gets concerned in the mind, wanting to know what else is more. I'll then point out that that "but" is wandering off to Zeve torturing humans in a humid, terrifying cellar.

Laurence is going to be completely out of this. I don't want him involved because I just want it to be all me. I'm not trying to be selfish, I just don't want Laurence getting involved with his father and son drama a little too much. I already saw the bruise that Zeve must've done, and how pale Laurence got when his father must've said something nasty to him in his ear.

"Laurence, I know you said implied exposing your father as in "we", but I think it's best that I do it," I explain.

"What? No, I can't let you do that," Laurence disagrees.

"Please, Laurence. I know you and your father don't have the best relationship and I am not willing to make that worse. For me, please back down. I have a plan in mind. Trust me."

"I trust you."