Party? (1)

Adrian

I watch Hex pace the room but don’t go to stop or interrupt. I know she needs to get her anxiety out before we head down to the damn party. We are already ten minutes late but I don’t really care. Everything I care about is here with me.

“Hex?” I softly mumble her name and she stops and turns to face me, her eyes wild. “I can help..”

“Please..” she whispers out before stepping forward and into my now open arms.
I slide the zipper of the form fitting gray dress up her back and place a single kiss on her shoulder. “You look beautiful. I will be beside you they entire time.”

She nods and her blue black hair tumbles down her neck on one side as the bobby pin fails. “Shit.”

She frantically tries to collect the strands but I gently swat her hands away. With a smile I retrieve the bobby pin and pin half of what fell back up leaving a bit to dangle in an all to sexy manner. Her eyes dart around but I just loop my arm in hers and grab her handbag before leading her out of our room and to the elevator.

Her breathing speeds up as the car descends the shaft spitting us out in the busy lobby. I expect her to faint but she takes a deep breath and forces a smile as I lead her out. Suddenly feeling glad that she allowed me to be here to support her.

We get a few glares as we cross to the large event hall. The double doors are thrown wide open, flanked by large floral arrangements and velvet ropes. Her sisters face is literally everywhere once we cross the threshold. Bleached blonde curly hair, bright blue eyes, ample cleavage. Hex had better curves than the woman in the pictures and again I am questioning this Johnny's sanity.

I hear whispering from tables as we pass them. Cookie cutter stepford wives blatantly undressing me with their eyes makes me cringe and give a light squeeze to Hex's arm. She tugs me forward where we come to a stop before a round table. An older woman sits looking through the program, yes program, with interest and I cant help but think she looks vaguely familiar.

The woman is to skinny, her skin to thin looking. She wears loose clothes and one arm is wrapped in bandages, her eyes are dull and her lips dry. I hear Hex whimper before shooting forward to embrace the frail looking woman.

“Mom..” I just catch the whispered sob.

The woman wraps her arms around Hex and smiles softly. “You made it.”

Hex leans away and finds my arm again, wrapping her hand around me. “I made it.”

The two exchange smiles before we take our seats across from her. It doesn't take long for eyes to be inspecting me. “You brought a date.”

“This is Adrian, Adrian this is my Mom.”

I smirk at the shyness that Hex is displaying before speaking. “It is lovely to meet you ma'am.”

“Sexy. I approve, but you may want to hide him..” the woman's eyes seem to lock on someone near the entrance. “Avandia just walked in with…one, two, three dates.”

Hex sighs as her hand finds my leg, her fingers curling in the fabric of my black dress pants. She is nervous and I can’t help but be happy about it. Sure it may be a bit egotistical of me but I would like to think she is worried another woman might snatch me up, it isnt going to happen but at least her being jealous might show she actually wants me.

“Ava.” Hex greets in a chopped voice as she stands, her hand on my shoulder before sliding it to my arm.

“Hex…” the sultry voice drips with disdain before turning chipper. “Momma. How are you feeling?”