03: A Real Date

» THE REAL DATE «
03

OH GOSH, THE BUTTERFLIES I was feeling already

OH GOSH, THE BUTTERFLIES I was feeling already. Keep calm, girls, we have to play it cool.

The familiar blond exited the car, and already I was a little nervous. Why? I had no idea– he was a lovely boy.

"Hello," he greeted, approaching myself and the table. I stood up and politely hugged him with a kiss on the cheek, "hello, lovely to see you again."

"And you," he smiled as we took a seat at the table, "doesn't this look nice? Making me wish I didn't have breakfast before coming."

"I know," I agreed, "just dig in. I had a little bite with Callum but it's all so good I can't stop eating." I admitted, getting comfortable in my seat again. He chuckled a little as I put my hair behind my back before facing Luke properly at the table.

"How are you then? You look gorgeous this morning," he told me, already making my heart warm. I smiled slightly embarrassed, "thank you very much. I am feeling pretty good this morning. How could I not? You know?" I grinned, referring to our circumstances of being in a beautiful country with such a beautiful view and company to get home to. I watched him pour us a glass each of orange juice whilst nodding, "True. Cheers to that."

We clinked glasses, little shy grins on both our faces before we began eating again. "So how was your date with Callum?" He started.
Suppose we had to get that out of the way.

"Yeah, it was nice. I told him I didn't see him in a romantic way, and that our date could be more so a friend thing– one where he could fill me in and stuff. He reminds me of my brother too much so I had to do it."
"Just friend zone him right away." He chuckled.
"Exactly." I smiled, laughing slightly as I heard it out loud. I mean it didn't sound so good, did it?
"Oh no, is that what you've brought me here for then? To friend zone 'us too?" He joked with me, although I could sense the slight worry in his voice, like 'oh shit, I am not catching a break in here' kind of thing.

And I was awed.
I placed a hand on his arm for reassurance, "No no, of course not! I'm not that bad," I laughed.
He laughed too, "Good. Had me worried there I was like what a waste of a breakfast."

We both laughed at that.
"So why did you choose me?" He asked, eating the French bread a little too smugly.
I let out a dramatic sigh and looked to the side as if it was a big inconvenient question. "Well you know, I just thought you were so lovely last night, and when you fell—"
"—aw, don't start." He covered his face, and I straight away started laughing again at the memory. "It was funny! You have to admit."
"I suppose, I suppose."