18: Morning After

» THE MORNING AFTER «
18

» THE MORNING AFTER «18

"I DON'T WANT TO MOVE."

"Me neither."

"I wish someone would just pick me up and drop me into the bath."

"Is that a hint?"

"No, I genuinely wish somebody would just come in here and carry me to the bathroom."

I felt like I was laying on a cloud with the comfort I was surrounded in.

The sheets felt light and warm against my skin, only making it harder for me to get up and out of the bed. Luke was the exact same– the both of us covered right up to our necks with the crisp white duvet that kept us stuck in place. It was just so cozy.

We'd been lying like this for why felt like the past hour, just talking to each other in the small room. "I feel like we're the only ones awake," Luke said from beside me.

The two of us stared at the ceiling, "sounds like it."

The bedroom with our fellow islanders was silent in the early hours of the morning, which could only mean it was still so early. Why the hell were we up already?

"I thought I would have been ten times more
tired this morning but I actually feel energetic."

"Do you?!"

"Yeah. It's not like me." I confessed.

I think I didn't want to move because I didn't want to deal with the whole dramatics of dealing with the morning after. I didn't want to see my reflection of my bird's nest of a bun and my makeup I, of course, never took off. As well as having to deal with what the hell did I wear to leave the room– my robe had disappeared!

"Do I look really bad?" I asked Luke, asking for a genuine answer, but I knew with the state of me he wouldn't say it straight and likely comfort the blow.
"Is that a trick question?"

I punched his arm from under the covers and sat up against the bed frame, gathering the sheet with me. "I think we should sneak out."

Luke looked quizzed, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, I say we sneak out of here while everyone's asleep and get ready for the day. We'll sunbathe by the pool while we wait for everyone to get up. They'll not expect it."
I explained, wakening myself up more as I thought of the excellent plan.
I mean how cool would that be? Everybody would be waiting to run in to make fun of us and instead find us waiting for them to get on with it. "I say we do it."