17: Mess About

» IT WAS JUST A MESS ABOUT «
17

OH MY GOSH, WAS THIS for real happening?!

"I feel a bit sick now," I confessed, turning from side to side from inside the dressing room. I was ready for the hideaway, my hair loosely pinned back from my face, and my makeup reapplied flawlessly— I really had to credit the girls.

But a hundred feelings were hitting me at once— anxiety, shock, embarrassment, but also a lot of excitement— it would be an experience.

However, I felt awkward at the moment, standing in my lingerie, biting my nails whilst waiting on Siânnise to iron the silk robe. The girls were cleaning up the room and getting ready for bed themselves as I played with a bottle of water in my hands.

"You nervous?" Siânnise asked with a smile. She looked up from the iron and sent me a look, "you should be."

"Siânnise!" I scolded, hitting her arm. As if I wasn't anxious enough. "I am nervous!"

"I'm only joking!" She laughed, holding up the robe, there wasn't a crease in it. She held it up for me to slide my arms through and pulled it over my shoulders. "There is absolutely no reason for you to be nervous. Why should you be nervous?" She genuinely asked, looking me in the eyes. I looked down at her and sighed giddily.

"Becauseeeeee, Siânnise." I groaned as she tied the string tidily around my waist. "I'm being left with a boy in this 'romAnTiC aTmoSpHerE'." I used my over-dramatic, fake, panicked voice. But it was true.

I mean, everyone knows everyone's intentions when they go into the hideaway, it's not hard to guess. You may as well stick a sign on the door that reads 'the people in here are getting it on.'

I'm not afraid to have sex with Luke. If it happens, it happens, it's just sex.
But god, our intimate night alone, it's going to be broadcasted on TV no matter what we do, for all our friends and family to see— our co-workers.

She began spraying me with my expensive perfume, drowning me in it. "Are you scared? As in anxious? Is that what it is?"
"No, I'm not scared to be alone with Luke." I told her, "I mean, I'm nervous but in the good way. I trust him 100% you know, he's the biggest gentlemen and he wouldn't judge me for anything. . ." I ranted. "I'm just.. I think it's the embarrassment of everyone.. y'know. . . knowing."

"Oh wise up!" Siânnise slapped my arm, and I chuckled. I was being a bit ridiculous, maybe I was stalling. "Listen," she pulled me aside, "whatever happens in there tonight, that's between him and you, okay? You and him. It is nobody else's business. And whatever happens in there anyway, you're no different from anyone else who has been in there." She shook her head as she voiced her beliefs.

"You'll not be judged in here, and even if you are— from the outside—" she whispered, "so what? People are going to talk anyway, you just need to not give a shit. It's normal. Don't you dare feel ashamed for a second." She exaggerated, holding me by my arms. Her talk was nearly bringing tears to my eyes— what a bloody woman she was.