Pristine Lunacy

Pristine Lunacy

To my very own Peter Pan, 

There is so much I wanted to tell you. But whenever I try to put them in words, language fails me. That is why this is probably the last, the last letter I will write to you, my sun and stars. With this letter, I poured all courage I could gather and perhaps, the last ounce of my pristine lunacy. 

Years have passed, and I've always made an effort to tell everyone a huge lie. What can I do? We're both standing firmly in one surface and yet we're two worlds apart. You don't have an idea how much pain I feel whenever I see you with a new girl, your arm on her waist, and your lips upon her forehead. Love without greed is not alive. Incorporate it with beating hearts and butterflies is not close to its definition that drives me nuts. 

The sensation echoes with 'what-ifs.' They are questions with answers not even your hazelnut-colored eyes could seem to give. It's a particular foolishness that keeps me conversing with my reflection all the time. No matter how hard I defend what beauty for it is, my heart aches for it's not the sort of beauty you seek. Inferiority may be shallow for the majority, but it's a hole not even compliments and efforts could fill. 

I wished for so many times to be the girls you liked. I can remember their names, the hard work you took to hear them say yes, and the letters you've asked me to help you with to secure a smile on their faces. Aiding you to attain another's heart was torture, and it's torture I happily endured since it's what it takes to see you happy and gay. 

'Till now, I'm sorry if I still can't let go of everything, thus locking myself from an unending misery. If only severing this attachment is easy, I wouldn't have spent the last years daydreaming of a time when your heart can finally understand mine. This lunacy might not have a remedy for now, and it might consume me until the end of time. Even so, regret never befalls me for you are the most beautiful mistake that I've ever done. My only wish now is for you to find the happiness you desire. Until then, let me cherish this foolishness of loving you from afar.

****

A/N: Artwork is made by my friend, Edgin Angeles. He's accepting commissions, by the way! He's our university paper's art director and an animation major. Feel free to contact him through Facebook if you want to have wonderful pieces of art! Fun fact: He's also one of the awesome peeps behind the inside illustrations of Paper Hearts, more specifically, 'yong sa'kin, 'yong kay Chennie (heartlessnostalgia) at pati an rin ng kay Ianne (Ianne_Dyeyd)! You can also follow him on Instagram to check out some of his works! Thank you!