Chapter 1: "I'm Okay."

Sixteen years later...

Behind the anchor desk, the attractive blonde woman stared at the camera man as the production director cued the journalist to begin. Addressing her audience, the reporter began her news story.

"Welcome to Hindsight 20/20. I'm your reporter Vivian Montgomery. Our featured story tonight. They were the most popular music group of the 80's producing the biggest hits of the decade as well selling out concerts internationally. Rolling Stone Magazine called Jem and the Holograms the greatest musical act of this century next to the Beatles and Elvis Presley. It seemed this all female group were unstoppable until the changing face of music transformed the pop rock sound into something more edgy, depressing and alternative. It came from Seattle and it was called the Grunge movement. And this is what killed 80's pop music.

Then tragedy struck after the Holograms final concert in 1996. Upon finishing their final concert in Los Angeles, the Holograms' lead singer, Jem, boarded a flight on Korean Air 801 to Guam for a much-needed vacation. She never made it.

Heavy rain caused the flight to crash into a mountain, killing 228 out of 254 passengers on board including the mysterious Jem. They say the music died that day, but the Holograms have since moved on to live successful lives. Hindsight 20/20's main correspondent Lindsey Pierce has an exclusive interview with Oscar winning songwriting duo, Kimber Harrison and Mary Phillips, formerly of the Holograms and the Misfits.

We take you there live now!"

The camera shifted to reveal well respected journalist, Lindsey Pierce, sitting down with the former musicians on the couch. Wearing a simple pant suit, the reddish blonde Kimber smiled at the camera while her music partner Mary, aka Stormer, twirled her brunette hair that still contained her signature flower with her fingers.

"Kimber and Mary," greeted Lindsey. "Thank you for agreeing to this interview."

Mary smiled and took control. "Thank you for having us."

"Now Mary," Lindsey started with her. "You were once known as Stormer from the rebellious girl group of 80's, The Misfits. Do you and your former band mates still retain some of that aggressive streak from long ago?"

"Once you're a Misfit, you're always a Misfit," giggled Mary. "I get especially aggressive when I have to deal with long lines at the DMV or if the grocery store won't take my triple coupons. Other than that, being a mother does help with learning patience. My son, Jagger, is 17 now and a junior in high school. I have to hold my temper a lot especially when he gets into trouble."

"Speaking of your son," Lindsey continued. "Does he share his parents' gift for music? I mean his mother was a Misfit and his father was Riot, the lead singer of The Stingers."

"He certainly does," Mary nodded. "In fact, he is involved in a band. Like parents like son, I guess."

The news reporter then politely inhaled a breath. "Now I do have to ask about your relationship concerning Riot, or better yet, his real name, Rory Llewelyn. Do you feel comfortable discussing your late husband?"

"No, not all," Mary grinned. "I knew this would something that the public would want to know. There were two sides to Riot that nobody ever knew about. The Riot that was charismatic and was beloved by his fans and the Rory that I knew that was kindhearted and wanted to be a family man. The man I married was the one who was a good father and loved his family. That was Rory."

"The Riot you saw had personal demons, letting the fame and money consumed his soul. It finally destroyed him in the end.

"Your husband, Riot, was found dead in a hotel on Sunset, along with his fellow musician, Minx, apparently from a heroin overdose?"