Chapter 13: Captive

As we pull up to his estate, Terry looks ecstatic to be home as he squeezes my thigh, again. All around the tall stone wall, there are men with gigantic-looking guns.

Jesus, this is insane. Why would he kill his wife? They seemed like a nice couple. The two were upstanding members of the community. But now he's acting like a drug lord. Where is Talion? Are they bringing him here, as he said? My fear level just shot up 100% and then some.

"You know Cece, those who have the power, rule. Since I have the only power source around, I am the king now. Would you like to be my queen? I've always found you very attractive, you know. Dan was a fool, and I'd love to take his place, now that he's gone. You see, I'm a very smart man and I look for sound opportunities. For instance, Hydroelectric power is something I invested in quite a while ago and I'm damn sure glad I did. Look, now I rule the town and you're here with me. See, never turn a blind eye to life, welcome new ideas and new beginnings." Terry says as I stare at him.

Answering him, I say softly, "Terry, you and I are friends. We have been for years and I've been through so much lately. Please, I just need some sleep. I'm so tired."

"Alright Cece, I can be patient. Let's get out, and I'll take you up to my room for a little catnap. There you can have a bath, new clothes and whatever you wish, sweetheart. Come on, hop out, little one." He says as the door is opened for me.

Getting out of the SUV, the coat he gave me, comes open at the bottom and the driver stares at my V. Quickly closing it, I hear a strange sound behind my head. Ducking down, I feel Terry's hand pull me back as he gets out first instead.

When Terry exits the vehicle, he takes me by the hand and I'm yanked out of the SUV. Holding me tightly, he turns to all of his men. In his hand, there is a gun with a silencer, and I see the terror in their eyes.

My God, Terry has lost his mind.

"If you look at Cecelia or make her feel uncomfortable, this is what will happen to you. Her eyes are up here, people!" Terry says as he points the gun at his own head.

Looking down at his driver, there is a hole in his forehead, and my legs give out.

Scooping me up, Terry helps me walk up the steps to his giant mansion. Two men covered in weaponry, open the doors for us and I think I'm in shock because everything is fuzzy.

Inside, there is a huge foyer. I've been here before, but normally it's full of people milling about, during one of Connie's parties.

Now it is empty and cold. My friend is dead and I think Terry murdered her. My God, I am his captive and Talion is as well, if they even bring him here.

Continuing, he walks me up the stairs to the first room on this floor. My new fear is that Terry is going to attack me, so when he opens the door, I begin to tremble.

"Oh, are you cold, baby? Here we picked up some merchandise from the mall before it shut down for good. Sweetheart, come on in and pick out whatever you would like to wear for me. There's every type of lingerie, beautiful camisoles, erotic outfits, sexy dresses, jewelry, diamonds, rubies... just chose something and then we will draw you a bath, my lovely Cecelia." Terry says as I look around.

"Boys, tell the girls to get that bath going immediately. I want Cece clean and ready for our dinner." He shouts.

"Thank you, Terry," I say while looking at all the clothes a hooker might wear.

He then says as I look at the second clothes rack, "My wife Connie said that these clothes would make her look trashy. Personally, I believe the black glad bags, she now resides in, makes her look like trash, but hey I always left the decorating to her."