Chapter 14: Switch

Opening my eyes, everything is so bright, yet foggy.

Am I dead? My face feels warm from the intense light shining down on me. If this is heaven, then I hope to finally meet my parents. Will I know them when I see Clair and Liam, for the first time since I was a child? Seeing me, will they recognize I am their daughter? Picturing her eyes and his smile, something comes into view. Oh, I know that face...

"She's awake! My God, Lance, she's alive!" he hollers, then kisses me and touches my cheek so sweetly.

He loves me. Was that all a dream? I'm so confused and my head hurts so badly. I hit my head on the vanity. I remember now.

Jamie yells, "Talion move, I need to get to her. Step back!"

When he disappears from view, she takes his place, and I'm starting to remember.

That wasn't a dream. It was all real and Talion is here, not Dan. How is he here? There was an explosion, and I was falling. The air was surrounding me, and I felt like my body was floating.

"Stay with me, Cecelia." She says as I close my eyes.

Talion says, "What is happening to her? Jesus, Jamie, save her! I love her and I can't lose her again!"

"Bud, we are doing our best, but she isn't fighting. God only knows what Terry did to her." Lance shouts.

"Fight Cece, fight for Luke and Ella! Fight for Kelly and Todd! Fight for me, baby, I need you, Cece!" Talion yells, and I open my eyes.

Looking at his beautiful face, I reach my hand up to touch it. Grabbing my hand, he kisses my palm, and I see the tears running down his face.

"Please Cece, you have to fight for us. I'll never leave you again and we can be a family?" He says, and I'm so confused.

Wait, is this Dan? What is going on? I thought Talion was here with me, but he never left...

Lance says, "We can't wait any longer. Let's get her into the ambulance and get Cece home. We'll have to make a makeshift hospital room at the house and Jamie will stay with her.

Drifting back out, I can still hear them talking, but I can't keep my eyes open.

Their words are fading into the darkness. I'm so tired, but he's right and I have to fight for my children. Who is he, though? Is that Dan or Talion? If it's my husband I want to fight, just to be able to punch him in the face. Kirk, I hit him in the face and it felt so good. Wait... Where is Terry? I hope they got him.

Talion says, "I'm here, Cecelia, and I will get you better, sweetheart."

Jamie asks, "Talion, please back off and sit down. The last thing we need is for you to fall while the ambulance is moving. When did you two get so close, anyway?"

"I've been in love with her for years, it's a long story, but I was tricked by my brother. He stole her away from me a long time ago." He answers, but that is not true, and he's lying.

Why would Talion lie to Jamie? I've never even met him until he arrived with the family. Nothing is making sense to me. What if this is Dan?

"Talion, you are bleeding again. Here, use this and keep pressure on your leg. Dammit, I'm going to have to patch you up again." She scolds in an annoyed tone.

"We are almost there. How is the patient doing?" Lance yells from behind me.

Jamie answers, "Which one? Talion is bleeding again. When we get to the house, I'm going to need you to get him inside. Then, come back out and help me with Cece."