Chapter 15

It was either the smooth humming the car against the gravel road or I was really tired, but I quickly fell asleep in the car. When Laura woke me up because we had arrived, I was laying down with my head in her lap.

"We're here Ash." She smiled down at me. I slowly sat up and realised we were in the city. Sky rises blocking the clouds surrounding every side of us.

"Woah." I gasped. I could imagine all the buildings closing in on me, collapsing so that everyone would forget I ever existed, but there were also beautiful. Extremely shiny and glimmering whilst they caught the sunlight. Laura got out of the car and came to open my door.

"It's cool isn't it?" She giggled when I looked up. Our bags got handed over to another man in a suit, where they were then loaded onto a trolley and disappeared inside. "Let's go."

I followed her inside huge glass doors being held open by more people in suits.

"Mrs Adams, your suite is already prepared. My assistant will escort you upstairs." An important man said to Laura. "Enjoy your stay and please let me know if you are in need of any assistance at all."

"Thankyou so much." Laura responded and we headed upstairs. We went in an elevator, just like the ones back in the hospital, and walked through long hallways lined with numbered doors and a red carpet.

"And here we are." The polite man said, tapping a card on the door and pushing it open. It looked heavy.

We followed him inside and our bags were already there. I hadn't realised how high that elevator had taken us and was amazed by the downwards view our floor-to-ceiling windows gave.

"Please let me know if there is anything you need." The man said before quietly making his way out of the room.

"What do you think?" Laura asked.

"It's so...perfect." I said, taking my time to find the right word. I gently sat down on the pristine white bed.

"Open that." Laura giggled, pointing to a small draw next to the bed. I rolled over and slowly pulled it open.

"It's a fridge!" I gasped.

"Yeah. And you can eat anything in it."

"What's the pink one?" I asked, grabbing the bottle.

"Oh, maybe not everything. That's alcoholic." She laughed, taking it off me and putting it back. She showed me the ones I actually could drink and gave me a bar in purple packaging.

"What is it?" I asked. Cadbury Caramello was the writing on the front, but I had no idea what that meant.

"Try it." I unwrapped it and realised it was chocolate, only in the shape of a bar rather than the small chunks that were in the hospital cookies. I bit in and it melted instantly in my mouth. "Good?" Laura asked, although I'm sure it was clear from the look on my face. "I'll get you another one before we go on the plane tomorrow."

"Thankyou." I grinned with a mouth full of chocolate.

"Gross!" She laughed. Laura suggested she help me have a shower and get changed so that's what we did. Whilst she had hers, I watched the cars drive by down below. There were busses, trucks and every colour size and shape passing by speedily. I thought about how much my life had changed and what I had ahead of me. I was finally going to meet my brothers, although for two of them, including my twin, I was only re-meeting them. I hadn't been gone my whole life. Just the years I can remember.

I didn't know what having siblings was going to be like. I had never had any friends to hang out with at school, let alone other people to live with. Nevermind the fact they were all boys. I could only wonder what it would be like to have a twin. Laura was so nice, so I'm sure that Chris would be too. I couldn't imagine her marrying someone rude, although, that theory was already tested unfortunately. I was excited to meet Austin, but also anxious. I figured by now he'd forgotten about the fact he was a twin, but that was okay, since I didn't even know until Laura came. Ryan seemed older, and older people intimidated me, but he was biologically related to Laura, which already made him less intimidating. Jonah, river and Nicholas were the ones I was most nervous about. They didn't have a clue I existed.

"Do you want to facetime Chris with me?" Laura asked, coming out of the shower in casual clothes.

"Okay." I nodded, I hadn't really spoken to him, except for a hello or two, but never was my face on the screen.

Laura used the facetime app on her phone, which reminded me to tell her that mine wasn't working.

"Ah, I know why you're confused. I will fix it when we get back home." The word home still didn't feel natural, but I was looking forward to the time when it was.

"Hey!" Chris's face popped up on the screen. He didn't look like I had imagined him. He wasn't clean shaven like in the picture in my head, but everything else just didn't match. I always find that how you imagine someone disappears once you do know what they look like. It's like the image in your head just vanishes and is replaced with a new one, the accurate one.

"We're at the hotel." Laura smiled. She always looked happy when she was talking to him.

"Who are you talking to?" A boy yelled in the background.

"Mum! Now go away!" Chris yelled, turning away from the screen for a second.

"Hi Mum!" I couple of voices yelled, but then it all went silent.

"I miss my boys." Laura laughed, not sadly, but fondly.

"No you don't." Chris laughed. "How's our girl going?" Our girl. I was their girl.

"She's good. Ash?" She smiled, asking permission to put the camera on me. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Hi." I smiled softly.

"Hey Ashlyn, how are you?" He smiled back kindly. He looked like a nice person.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm great." He nodded. "Excited for the plane trip tomorrow?"

"Sort of." I sighed.

"Don't worry, they're very safe and it's exciting once you're up in the air. Laura will be there the whole time too." He reassured.

Laura aimed the camera back onto herself and I grabbed my phone off the bench. Whilst she talked, I scrolled through all the different apps on my phone. I had used settings on the old device I used to have so I knew what it was for. I went through a few tabs and nothing there was very helpful, until I got to one called 'Wi-Fi' which kept asking me for a password, so I tried to remember to ask Laura later.

After another half an hour, Chris and Laura finally hung up on each other and Laura suggested we get some food. Neither of us could be bothered to get changed to go out of our room, so she decided we could just get room service instead.

"It was the same food as at the restaurant, but you got to eat it in the comfort of your room." Laura explained. We browsed the menu together, but since I didn't know what any of the meals were, she chose.

Twenty minutes later the doorbell rang with out food delivery.

-

How do you imagine her meeting her brothers? I need ideas. Also please vote and follow!!!
Plus I'm updating early bc everyone is bored (corona things). And also I didn't update in ages xxx