Nine

Two days later Harry managed to slip away to the muggle world to pick up his contacts without the others tagging along. At the optometrist the same woman who had helped him two days prior showed him how to put the contacts in and take them out. She also explained how long he could wear the contacts for and that he should take them out when swimming or sleeping. He was pleased with the colour of the contacts. They were a few shades off from his natural colour, before becoming a werewolf that is, but that was easily fixed. He could simply tell everyone that the contacts dulled his eyes a bit, if anyone asked. He apparated back to the Burrow and was immediately pulled into the twins room.

"Hello mates," he whispered. George pulled him into a kiss and he happily returned it. George's tongue brushed against his lips and he parted them, allowing him access to his mouth. They eventually broke apart and Harry turned, grabbing his other mate and pulling him in. This time Harry parted his lips almost immediately and Fred's tongue eagerly slipped in. When they parted, Harry was panting slightly but extremely happy.

"You look good with contacts," Fred said, sitting on his bed.

"Your eyes seem brighter without the glasses," George agreed. Harry sat down next to Fred and George moved over to join them, sitting on Harry's other side. Harry pulled them close, hugging them tight. Romulus howled in his head, extremely happy with the close contact.

"What are we going to tell your family? Are you out to them?" Harry asked.

"No. We haven't had an opportunity to tell them," Fred replied with a sigh.

"And we're not sure if they would accept the fact that we're gay, especially because we're in a relationship with each other and a third boy," George added.

"Ron and Ginny seem accepting," he said.

"It's mum that we're not sure about," George replied.

"Yeah, she has an older, more reserved outlook on most things in life," Fred agreed. Harry squeezed them tightly.

"We don't have to tell them yet if you're not comfortable with it. I'm not out to anyone either." Fred and George leaned in, kissing a cheek each.

"Thank you," they whispered into his ears.

Harry placed his contacts on his trunk before heading downstairs and into the living room. Hermione was reading while Ron and Ginny played chess.

"Hey guys," he said from the doorway.

"Hey mate," Ron said, not looking up from the chess board, obviously deep in thought about his next move. Ginny looked up and did a double take when she saw him.

"Looks good Harry. It suits you," she said. Hermione looked up as well.

"Your eyes are much more visible now. It's going to take some time to get used to though," Hermione added. Ron made his move before looking up at Harry, who was still standing in the doorway.

"Where are your glasses mate?" he asked.

"Upstairs. I don't need them now that I have contacts," he explained. Ron nodded.

"Well, I think the glasses suited you, but if you prefer contacts then that's fine." Harry smiled and moved into the room, content to watch the game of chess.

Christmas soon arrived and Harry was awoken by Ron early in the morning.

"Come on Harry, wake up. It's Christmas. Presents," Ron said, shaking him. Harry didn't open his eyes, simply groaning in response. He had thought that Ron had grown out of this, but apparently Christmas was the one time that he threw his maturity out the window and acted like he had when he was eleven.