Sixteen

The door clicked shut and he heard McGonagall walk away. Harry cursed softly. He had no clue how he was going to explain this. He had almost made it through the whole year without anyone finding out; Remus and his twins didn't count. He had hoped to graduate without anyone knowing and now McGonagall would work it out. And if she did, she would tell the rest of the staff. He was screwed.

"Is everything ok Alpha?" Remus asked again. Harry ran his hand through his hair, trying to calm himself down.

"McGonagall came by. She found out about my room and wanted to question me about it." He sighed, sitting down heavily on his bed.

"How did she find out?" Remus asked, coming to sit down next to him.

"Apparently there was an emergency last night that caused all the students that aren't away for the holidays to be locked in the common rooms and she noticed I wasn't there. Hermione and Ron must have told her where I was because I told them she already knew. I think they're pissed; Ron looked really annoyed when I saw him."

"What was the emergency?" Remus asked slowly. Harry sighed again.

"Someone noticed that you hadn't drunk your wolfsbane last night and realised that if you weren't locked in your private quarters then there was an out-of-control werewolf on the loose."

"I knew I forgot something before I come here last night. I was rushing because the moon was rising earlier than I thought it would," he groaned. "How am I going to explain that?"

"At first I thought that you could just say you were in the shrieking shack like you did before the wolfsbane, because you realised you had forgotten your potion and the moon was rising when you noticed." Remus frowned.

"At first?"

"I'm pretty sure that McGonagall heard you call me Alpha, so she knows that you were here last night and will probably guess that I'm a werewolf. We're screwed." He flopped backwards with a sigh, trying to work out how to get out of this one.

"You'll work something out Harry. You always do," Remus replied, sitting down next to Harry on the bed.

"I didn't want anyone to know. And now, all the teachers are going to find out, and Ron and Hermione are going to want to know the truth about the room, and they're going to be mad that I lied to them, and then they'll find out my secret and get even angrier that I kept something so big from them. And then they'll hate me and stop talking to me, and then I'll be alone and not have any friends and I can't do it. This was meant to be easy and now everything is ruined. I won't be able to keep it secret, no matter how hard I tried all year and everyone will find out and then the whole Wizarding World will know because I'm famous and nothing about me can be kept secret apparently. And I just want peace, a normal life but if this gets out everyone will hate me and think I'm going dark and I won't ever be left alone..." he was cut off from his ranting and pacing, which he hadn't even noticed he'd started, by four arms pulling him close to two torsos. He hadn't even noticed Remus leave to get them. He relaxed slightly in the embrace of his mates, Romulus calming down as well now that he was surrounded by the calming scent of his twins.

"It's ok Har," Fred whispered into his hair, but he was still able to clearly hear it.

"Everything's going to be ok love," George added, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead as he buried himself into their chests. They stayed like that for a while, George and Fred simply holding him tight, sometimes pressing soft kisses to his head, whispering calming things to him. Harry eventually calmed down enough that he lifted his head from where it was hidden.

"Thank you," he said softly.

"Of course, love."

"We couldn't leave you like that." Fred pulled away slightly, sitting down on the sofa against the wall, before pulling Harry down too. Harry sat down and Fred pulled him close to his side, letting Harry lean into him. George sat down on his other side, wrapping his arm around Harry too.