Thirteen

Remus stared at the alpha standing in front of him, brow scrunched in confusion.

"What do you mean Harry?" he asked. Harry stared at him and he fought not to drop his gaze from the powerful stare that Harry had.

"Ask your wolf. I have to go; I don't want to be late for Transfiguration. And please don't tell anyone, I don't need anyone knowing." Harry turned around and left the room. Remus just stood there, staring at Harry's retreating back. He was full of questions, but Harry obviously wasn't willing to answer them.

And what had he meant when he said to ask his wolf? Moony was only present around the full moon, wasn't he? Moony only existed when he was a wolf or the few days surrounding the transformation when he was close to the surface. Right?

Harry walked into McGonagall's classroom, dumping his bag next to his chair as he sat down. His thoughts were whirling around in his head. Everything Remus had said was at the forefront of his mind and he was replaying the conversation over and over again. He had hoped he could graduate without anyone knowing and find a job somewhere where people wouldn't ask questions. He'd probably end up working with the twins, he was already their silent partner and he already knew that they didn't care.

He had tried his hardest to hide it, and yet, Remus had worked his secret out. Admittedly, if anyone were going to work it out, it would be fellow werewolves. Especially if they found out he was dating people who were already marked. That was an obvious give away.

He pulled his thoughts away from the conversation with Remus and back to the present. He focused back on McGonagall as she explained human transfiguration when it came transfiguration including animal parts.

"Transfiguring a part of yourself into that of an animal is much harder than just transfiguring your appearance to be different as you are changing the make up of your body. One example of partial self-transfiguration with animals is a shark head, which we saw Viktor Krum use on the second task of the Triwizard Tournament.

"A full transfiguration is much harder than a partial transfiguration and should never be attempted on yourself. Transfiguring yourself into an animal is much different than changing into an animagus form. Can anyone tell me why?" As usual, Hermiones hand shot into the air. However, the class was double the size it used to be, and McGonagall chose someone from Ginny's year.

"When someone is transfigured into an animal, everything about them becomes that of an animal, even their instincts and thoughts. The longer they spend as the animals, the less they will remember about being human. As it is, as soon as they are transfigured, they will forget how to do magic until they are transfigured back. An animagus however, while gaining the animal instincts, retains everything about them that makes them human."

"Correct. Can anyone think of any instances where they have seen someone fully transfigured into an animal?" Harry's mind instantly went back to their fourth year and Malfoy the Great Bouncing Ferret. Ron's hand was in the air.

"Yes Mr Weasley?"

"In our fourth year, Professor Moody turned Malfoy into a ferret," Ron offered. Malfoy, who was in the class, grimaced at the memory, while a few people laughed, remembering the incident.

"Mr Malfoy, would you be able to describe what that was like?"

"Well, it was incredibly weird and distressing because I wasn't expecting it. But at the same time, it felt perfectly normal, like I was meant to be a ferret. And thank you for the reminder Weasel, I had almost forgotten that incident."

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy." He zoned out slightly as McGonagall continued to talk about how the transfiguration was different to an animagus transformation and a werewolf transformation. His thoughts just kept going back to Remus. Would he tell anyone? Would he be able to talk to his wolf, or was his wolf too supressed? He was brought out of his thoughts by the bell. He hadn't realised how unfocused he had been. He grabbed his bag and headed out of the classroom and back to the common room. He had a free period next and figured he should start on his essay for Remus.