Chapter 21

-Jared-

I hadn't wanted to leave Electra back there, but I needed to. I had lost control with her again, and that wasn't okay. The control I had been working to gain ever since I had been turned completely vanished around her.

I had to get away to get that control back. My fangs and claws had come out, I hadn't been able to put them away easily and those breathless words-

Jared, please.

What had she been asking of me? Did she want me to do it right then, was that what she had been asking? Or was that her breathless cry for help, for me to stop? I hadn't been sure and that's why I had to pull away.

When my car rolled to a stop out front of my house I looked down at my phone again reading the only message my sister had sent to me.

I hope you tapped that good.

I tipped my head back against the leather seat and sighed loudly. No, she hadn't blown up my phone, and her words hadn't been those of worry, they'd been encouraging.

I knew she would have noticed my absence, there was never anyone else in the house. When only two people live somewhere and one of them is gone, the absence is even more noticable. I also knew she would be encouraging of me going after Electra, heck, she even admitted to wanting to go after Electra. The only reason she said she hadn't was because it wouldn't be fair to me because there wouldn't be any competition.

I let out a small chuckle as I thought about the conversation we'd had about that about. I shook my head and let out another sigh as I opened the car door and got out, making my way up to the house.

The door opened with a loud creak and I heard Alex call from the other room.

"There you are. I'm assuming you had a good time," she said peeking through the entryway and wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Tell me all about it, was it good? I sure hope you took good care of her."

"We didn't do anything, Alex," I said, feeling the heat creep up into my cheeks.

"I know you're lying, and apparently whatever it was you did, you're still thinking about."

I raised my brows at her with the question all over my face.

"Bro, you've got a little bit of a hard on there."

The heat intensified and I started up the stairs to my room.

There were seriously no boundaries between my sister and me. She was probably the most sexually open person I knew, and for that person to be your sister, well to say that's a little awkward would be an understatement.

"Going back to the hand I see," I heard Alex call up the stairs as I closed the door.

I groaned and laid across my bed, staring up at the cieling.

My mind wandered back to Electra and what had happened. I remembered the feel of her skin under my hands, the rise and fall of her chest against mine, the way her lips were pressed to mine. I remembered it all as if I could still feel it.

The taste of her lips and her skin as I had tasted her neck.

Her breathless plea.

I felt the slight pain as my claws slid out and I cursed. Even the mere memory of what had happened, the thought of Electra caused a lapse of control.

I clenched my fists tightly, the nails digging into my skin, using the pain to gain control again. This couldn't keep happening, I was afraid that one of these times I may give into Electra's pleas, but I couldn't do that. I didn't want this to be some mistake, something she asks for in the throes of passion. It needed to be thought out, she needed to want it to happen. I couldn't let it be some mistake she makes while in the middle of a makeout session.