Chapter 25

After that super stressful day that Electra just had, it's time for a bit of a scenery change, and for those of you who have read another certain story of mine... You may just see something familiar in here. Hope you enjoy.

-Jared-

Electra had told me that she was going to be gone for two weeks. It had only been two days and I was still trying to convince myself that this was a good thing despite the fact that I desperately wanted to see her.

The absence gave me time to check out the bar with the Alphas. I had heard that one of the most well known Alphas had started going there recently. He was looked up to by most, feared by more, and hopefully he was understanding and easy to talk to.

The fact of the matter was, he was a powerful Alpha, a good Alpha, and chances were he would be able to do something to help me. I just hoped that if he decided to help it would come without the stipulation that I join his pack. After the last Alpha I had I wasn't ready to be jump into another pack where I had give in to their every demand and follow their every rule. I was doing well enough to keep to myself for the most part and make sure no one found out what I was. Well, except Electra.

Around nine I made my trip to the bar, hoping that the Alpha I was looking for would be there. I felt unnecessarily nervous when I handed the man at the door my ID. I knew it looked as any other driver's license, but I couldn't help feeling a little worry that there was something wrong with it and they would notice. As I passed by him though, I could tell he was a werewolf and it wouldn't have mattered whether it was a good fake or a bad one.

I started my round, walking through the entire place, finding groups of werewolves mixed in with the humans. It appeared that the majority of the people though were wolves.

I could feel the atmosphere around each group. I could tell when I had wandered near an Alpha, both by the power that radiated from them, and by their Beta that became nervous, fidgety, and agitated when I got too close.

I had almost given up finding the Alpha in mind when I felt the shift in the bar.

Werewolves who were there without a pack tensed up, other Alphas had been set on edge, and their Beta's even more so. The humans could even feel the shift, however they had no idea what it was. They were just aware of the tense atmosphere that had become uncomfortable to them.

I began to wonder why this place had become a hangout for werewolves, let alone a place where multiple Alphas went. They were so territorial, as evident by the way they acted with two people walking in the door.

The person who had walked in wasn't who I had come here to see, and I couldn't find that Alpha anywhere. However, I could tell that the man who had walked through was extremely powerful and would no doubt be able to help. I watched as the two men went by, going up to the bar and taking a seat, and I watched as he talked to a man sitting next to him.

I walked around a bit more, waiting until it seemed as if he was done talking. The other man he had come in with had sat close by, doing nothing but observing the area as if he were a bodyguard, which wasn't entirely inaccurate. Alphas could take care of themselves, but they always had their loyal to death servant that stood by their side. Give them an important name and you'd be surprised how many werewolves would lay down their lives.

I tried to prepare myself for what I was going to say while I made my way up to the bar. I kept my head down as I approached him, knowing that to look an Alpha directly in the eyes, especially when you don't know them, was a sure way to get yourself killed.

"Alpha," I said sounding slightly hesitant. I felt his Beta move around and I felt the pressure of claws at my side, almost exactly where the scars left behind by the bite were located.