Chapter 30

The last week seemed to pass relatively quickly. I had gotten 'in trouble' a few times for talking back. But it hadn't been my fault the teachers had been wrong and I was trying to correct them. It wasn't my fault that I knew more than they did. However, I thankfully had the restraint to hold back with some of the stuff that would expose me. Instead they just thought I was some brat that was trying to act smart.

Good for me, but then again they thought I was the person that I truly despised.

I packed up the clothes that I'd brought with me in the duffle bag, and threw my journal in with them.

I had my final exam for the program and my final match. We'd had a tournament essentially. I'd worked my way up and in the finals it had once again been me against Durin. Best three out of five. He won, but I got two wins on him. That was better than the first day I supposed.

Ian had seemed a little upset at the fact, but I really didn't care what he thought about it. I was going to be glad when I no longer had to share a building with him. I was pretty sure our days of hunting together were long gone. I could barely even stand the sight of him now. The way he got so upset about me telling him I wasn't going to be with him. He wasn't one to handle rejection well.

There was light knock at the door to the room and a moment later Durin stepped in. He smiled at me and plopped down on the now bare bed.

"Little Jaguar, you have quite the pounce now. Are you excited to be leaving?"

"I am, though it's going to be a little sad not having you down the other hall so I can pull you out of your room to kick your butt," I said teasingly.

He smiled and his eyes shone with it.

"Well, I'm right down the road from you if you ever want to pull me out of my house."

"Really?" I couldn't believe that he was that close. I was sure I would have known.

"Yup. Right before coming here my parents moved about fifteen minutes away from you guys."

"How do you know where I live?" I asked him cautiously.

"I'm in a founding family. We know where everyone lives."

I was slightly uneasy at the thought.

Durin handed a piece of paper over to me and I looked at it with my brows raised.

"What's this, Durin?"

"Well Little Jaguar, it's my number. That way you can give me a heads up when you want to drag me out of my house to kick my butt. And it's just Trevor."

"And it's just Electra," I said with a hand on my hip.

"I think I like Little Jaguar better." He winked at me before standing. He hesitated in the middle of the room for a moment as if he was debating something. He pulled me to him in a hug, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Seriously though, Electra. If you need anything, and I mean anything, you can call or text me. I'll do whatever I can."

It felt like he was trying to say something else, but I wasn't quite sure what it was.

I put the paper with his number in my pocket and he left. I shrugged on my leather jacket, threw my bag over my shoulder and left the room for the last time.

When I got to the entrance I looked for my dad but he was nowhere to be found. I started checking out my weapons, putting them in their hidden places when Klarke came up to me.

"Your father is doing something for us so he's unable to be here. We've arranged a ride back for you. The Durins offered up a space on their jet. You'll both be picked up and they will have you dropped off at your home."