Chapter Three

Freddie Highmore as Darren. Freddie/Darren to the top or side along with the theme song.

Theme song: "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings

"Damn Babe, that's hot," Steve had excitement in his eyes

I glared at Tommy ignoring my boyfriends comment.

"What did he do?" Darren asks

"Called me by my real name." I say through my teeth, not giving up on trying to make his head explode with my brain.

"Never call Liz by her full name she will get pissed," Darren laughs

"I figured that out," Tommy replies putting the ice pack to his jaw.

"How'd you get out of it Babe?" Steve asks, his eyes full of wonder, like a kid in a candy shop, hell like me in a candy shop, he wants to know my secret.

I winked "I used my 'get out of jail free' card "

I told the principal the whole story and he likes me I get good grades and usually don't get in trouble and he knows about my past, so I only got a detention I wave it at them.

"Read the fine print boys I might not go to jail but I'm on probation,"

They laughed

Steve really wanted to skip but I wouldn't go with him I never miss class and I am never absent.

---------------------------------------------

That Friday was Cirque Du Freak night, woohoo!

The finale bell rang so Steve, Darren and I raced to Steve's house I, of course, won. I'm pretty fast.

I grabbed the newspaper sat on the steps and pretended I have been waiting for years for them to get here.

"You came just in time," I interpreted it with fake coughing "for my death." I said in a shaky old women's voice, grabbing my heart dramatically and pretending to knell over.

I stand up, toss the paper aside and kiss Steve, he pushes me away because he ran out of breath.

"Let's go," Steve wezzed

Darren nodded so I opened the door went into the kitchen an made three ice waters

"Thanks babe," he slapped my butt, making me huff in irritation.

I grabbed Darren's wrist and followed Steve.

Steve looks at his movies, pops the disk in and sits on his bed with his back against the wall and feet sticking off the bed side. I sit cross legged beside him and Darren sits on the floor in my spot leaning on the bed side by Steve's feet.

Not even halfway though the movie Steve lays on his side and puts his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his brown hair and just messed with it even after he fell asleep it doesn't take long I have a magic touch.

"Is he asleep?"

"Yeah, should I wake him now?"

Darren nodded.

I kissed him until he woke up.

"Uugggherlug,"

"Time to get up," I say perkily taping the side of his face.

He groans and rolls sleepily from the bed.

Then, we walked to the abandoned theater. As we came up to it and I noticed how creepy it looked at night. Bashed in windows, chipping paint. I grabbed Steve's hand.

"Scared?" I nodded, he pulled me closer, just knowing he's there calms me like warm water running over you in the shower when you first step in and get your hair wet.

We walked in and a really tall man with black teeth held out his hand.

"Liz, your ticket please." he said "I'm Mr. Tall owner of the Cirque du Freak"

Steve shoved me behind him protectively, but Darren spoke first.

"How do you know her name,"

"Darren I know many-" he started

"Screw that" Steve spoke up "how do you know her at all, and him too?" Steve lifted his chin at Darren.

"Why Steve," he knew all of our names the creep "tickets please." Still holding out his hand the other behind his back.

We all imedietly give them to him and rushed through the blue curtain scanning for a seat.

"Found some!" I declared and lead the way still holding on to Steve. If I may speak for us all, we are very glad to be surrounded by people we have never met and don't know our names than one really tall perv we've never met who knows our names.