Chapter Fourteen

Theme song: "Kiss My Country Ass" by Blake Shelton

Can those four chew any louder? I swear I'm eating with cows. I tried to turn up the volume for my music but it's always 'Liz are you listening?' Well, no not really I'm not interested in everything that they are and don't really care about whose hotter Lilly or Heather; and which car is better. You can mention anything about a car or they go off into a guy rant about them. It pains me to listen and I didn't bring my headphones.

"You know what I'm talking about right Liz?" Alan said

"Mmhm," I said absentmindedly

They all started giggling

"What?" I demanded

"Nothing," Alan said

I just rolled my eyes and gave them a drowned out 'whatever'

"Okay let's go!" they all looked really excited and are slapping each others backs running wildly up to Steve's room. I just pick up their dishes and walk them over the dark brown hard wood floor to the old silver sink across the room.

As I got out the brush and turned on the water while brushing the leftovers into the trash can just beside the counter, Tommy walks down.

"Thought I'd help you clean up," he smiled but it was weak and forced.

What did I do now? I don't want to leave with him upset at me so I must try to fix it.

"What's wrong," I ask, concerned

He sighs out the words "Oh, it's nothing," Great i'ts something that's what he does when he has something on his mind.

"Yes it is, tell me." I say almost sounding like a mother again. So I smooth it over with some friend stuff

"Oh! Is it girls? Come on who is it? Tell me!" I say poking him and getting excited

"You," he looked away and smeared his foot like he was killing a bug.

I am confused for a second then a loud thud came from upstairs and I redirected the conversation

"I should check on them," I point to the general direction of the stairs and wring the towel in my hands. I walk past Tommy but he grabs my arm; takes my waist and kisses me. I do not kiss back and pull away.

"I'm sorry I can't-it's just - don't do that again," I shake my head and try to stop the spinning. He tries to speak but I cut him off. "No, Tommy I'm sorry but I am in a relationship, I'll let tha one go because we are friends but no more or I will let Steve handle this." I walk away before he can protest, hopping up the stairs. I open the door and start to talk

"Hey what happ-" the bitter smell of blood hit me hard, I staggered backwards fighting with my hunger and self control. Alan had broken his fingers and some of the skin; there is not much blood but Darren obviously got some.

"Alan are you all right?" I ask controlling the beast that's roaring at me to let it out shaking the bars and rattling its cage. I push it away.

"Yes, but it hurts."

"I'll go get ice it won't take long!" I sprint to the kitchen grabbing some frozen peas, barely stopping. Tommy tries to stop me and find out what happened so I grab his wrist and pull him along like a dog on a leash.

"Here," I push everyone out of my way and take the broken bones on my leg to gently put the peas on it.

"This might hurt too bad, Darren go get a towel run it under cold water then bring it here."I command

I have him a look that said 'don't hurry up'. I don't need three vampires huddling around a bleeding boy, two is plenty. I can't think of an acscuse for Steve to leave, and maybe it's better with two in case one of us makes a plundge there is someone to pull us off.