"Here's your sweets!"

Izuku served soft confectionaries—cupcakes—balancing a platter of baked goods on the center of his head. Another smaller platter rested in his left hand as he served more people deserts and what was hopefully good, filling food.

"How did you get those looks, you're beautiful!" a man behind him with wispy blonde hair voiced as he took a sip of his tea. He looked like the very epitome of British royalty and his Japanese sounded accented as well. Izuku blushed while serving another one of his customers, the cafe was, predictably, busy during rush hour.

"He probably got them from his mother.." A lady murmured in response to the blonde, she had black hair with a purple bow and black  blouse on. He thought she looked very ravishing. He nodded in response with a shaky smile, mouthing a thank you to both strangers before walking off to serve other people.

"Here are your sweets-" He murmured before thanking the customers with a shy smile. He quickly refilled a blue eyed girl's cup with more warm coffee before running off and serving more customers, taking orders and smiling widely. His heart thrummed inside of his chest, a mixture of anxiety and excitement coursing through his veins as he tried his best to take deep breaths in order to avoid mixing excitement with anxiety.

He was in the middle of taking a cute 3 year olds order, watching her bounce in excitement as her mom tried to calm her down, her father ordering for everyone.  As he was walking towards the kitchen, the tiny golden bell at the front of his shop dings its familiar ring, which catches his attention as he pivots towards the front. Izuku turns around, wild green hair caressing his face, almond eyes wide—taking in everything at once.  Two people had walked in, one of which Izuku quickly recognized.

"Really Zashi..." Aizawa Shouta, the pro-hero who'd showed up at his door a week ago, looked fed-up with the yellow haired man beside him. The side-eye Shouta was giving the other man was evidence enough of their history. Izuku felt a small sad smile tug at his lips. The cafe-owner felt a small stab of envy in his heart.

Of course Aizawa had friends, he was a person, an amazing pro-hero who worked hard to solve the injustices of the world. Nothing like Izuku, nothing the greenette could ever amount to. He knew, he knew all too well what he wasn't capable of. But...he probably looked weird just standing there, staring at them, stewing in his selfish want for friendship (for a quirk that would make everything better.)

"I'm just saying, it's hard to find good places that have good coffee, especially a cafe with coffee you approve of!" A long yellow-haired man in a colorful Hawaiian button-up whispered, repeatedly poking the other, less joyous one. Shouta rolled his eyes.

Izuku cocked his head to the side in slight amusement, but he still felt the jealousy, the envy working its way into his heart, he wouldn't let it find its place. He should be grateful that Aizawa has friends and isn't just a weird creepy hobo who showed up at his store and decided to stick around. It adds substance! or something. He should be taking comfort in the fact that Aizawa isn't a total creep who preyed on useless, quirkless boys like him (is what he tried to tell himself.) 

Izuku took a deep breath through his nose and exhaled through his mouth before turning around and continuing his trek towards the kitchen. His brain worked overtime, filled with already written down orders, painful reminders of what he still is—quirkless, useless, a reminder of his uncle's failures—and now, the knowledge that Aizawa really did have friends.

Yet, Izuku had already decided that it was better not to get in their way, they clearly looked like they wanted to enjoy this fine afternoon in each other's company. Not Izuku third-wheeling in order to fulfill his selfish want for companionship, for all might's sake he had Kacchan, that's all he needed, right?