SEVEN

Dean was shot. The Hunter was bleeding out in front of her.

All feelings of hatred forgotten, Holly's hands ripped open his shirt, seeing how deep the bullet lied. She needed a bandage, quickly. She tore a strip off of her dress, the black fabric fluttering in the wind. And another strip. 

"Holly, call 911," Sam sputtered, while trying to revive his brother. "Dean!" he yelled. "Wake up, Dean. Stay with me!"

Holly dug around inside her purse, but knew there was no point. Her cell was at home. He had maybe minutes left to live.

Dean's eyelids fluttered. He was still alive.

In her shocked state, Holly was struck with an idea, and adrenaline began to pump in her veins as she pushed herself back up on her feet. "Sam, bring him back to the car," she yelled, her voice giving out. She couldn't believe she was about to do what she was going to do, but it was the only solution she had in mind.

"We've got to get him to the hospital," Sam was saying as he lifted Dean up into his arms, his muscles straining.

"No," Holly took off walking, limping slightly. "Then we'd have to explain how he got this wound. We've got to get him to my apartment."

"He's dying, Holly. Witchcraft won't work on him." Sam was distressed, and Holly could feel intense hope, mixed with determination. It sounded like he truly did love his brother.

"Sam, trust me," she whispered, turning around to face him. "I can fix this."

It was her fault. She could see it in Sam's eyes that his hope was draining for Dean's life, and it was her fault. All because of some bloodthirsty vampire that couldn't keep his fucking fangs to himself.

Sam looked around, defeated. "We've got to get moving, quickly." Dean groaned and rolled his head. "Now!"

Holly took off at a limping run, ignoring the pain. The night had taken a complete 180. Her thoughts were focused on saving the dying man in Sam's arms. Anger mixed with adrenaline mixed with fear rushed through her veins.

Holly had never raced for her life before, but she was experiencing it now. The stakes were life and death. She swatted tree branches out of the way, making sure Sam was right behind her. He wasn't wounded, but his pants were growing heavy. Strong or not, Dean must be dead weight. She grimly gritted her teeth at the pun.

Ahead, she could see the parking lot lights. She prayed to the goddesses that no one heard the gun shots, and wouldn't see the bloody man in Sam's arms.

Fumbling for her keys, she unlocked the car. Stepping over the curb and out of the forest, she took off at a run. Her body was aching and her head felt like it was splitting open, but she couldn't bear to see this Hunter die, especially when they now shared a common enemy.

She realized then that Dean wouldn't be able to fit inside the backseat of the Coop.

"Shit, Sam, we need your car!" she called, turning on her heels. Sam must have thought the same thing as well, as he was dragging Dean along the curb, heading for the Impala. Holly sprinted back towards them. Unlocking the car with her mind, she ripped open the back door and helped Sam lay Dean inside. His eyes were rolling back in his head. Urgency gripped her heart.

"You drive!" Sam said. Holly didn't waste a second, as she closed her eyes and found a way to start the unfamiliar car quickly, ignoring the pain that was pounding inside her skull, growing worse. The engine purred.