EIGHT

There was a dark filled room.

Holly found herself strapped down on a hard bed, her body covered in blood, quick breaths struggling their way out of her throat. There were evil red eyes lurking in the darkness, watching her.

She heard a chilling, haunting laugh.

Holly screamed, twisting under the bonds. A clawed hand grabbed her throat, and the vampire reached down to sink his teeth into her skin.

A door opened; there was light, and two figures entered the room. She saw the Hunters' faces illuminated. Were they saving her?

But they didn't move to help her. The expression on their faces were eerily blank, and soon her vision blurred as the pain became too much, her body drained by the parasite attached to her neck. 

But I saved him.

I saved him...

She gasped, opening her eyes, seeing stars. 

Her head ached like a bitch.

She felt a tugging in her senses, nudging her towards the right. Holly blinked. She was in her bed, lying on her back. She focused her mind, trying to regain memory of last night's events.

Holy shit. Dean. Where was Dean?

"Mmmrrphhh," she groaned as she finally rolled herself over, her head pounding with the movement. Her vision re-focused on two pale green orbs.

"Dean!" she hissed at the man sitting by her bed, leaning up on her elbow. Bad idea. The pain was so intense that Holly flung herself back down again, gripping the sides of her head.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean held out his hands. "Stay down, Holly. You're giving me a headache."

"Giving you a headache?" Holly muttered, laying her palms over her forehead. "My brain feels like it's on fire."

She could feel it now, running smoothly between them — their connection. They were bonded, and Dean was alive.

The realization hit her.

I'm bonded to a Hunter!

Even though it wasn't really a Hunter that killed her parents, she had still grown up with that fear instilled in her. And there was one sitting at the edge of her bed, watching her, bonded to her. And Holly had did the damn bonding herself.

What have I got myself into?

"I'm not all too pleased about it either," Dean said, leaning back in his chair, fresh bandages on his chest and face, clean clothing on. "But I guess I owe you my thanks, witch." The words may have been harsh, but Holly felt his grudging relief.

She grimaced, attempting to sit up again. "Dean, I will say it's not all rainbows and roses right now. I don't exactly know the circumstances of this...whatever it is." She gestured between them. "But you're welcome, I guess. I just couldn't stand there and watch you die."

There was awkward silence. Sam was gone from the room. Holly finally managed to get into a sitting position, all the while cringing as her head throbbed. Dean's face mirrored her pain.

"That douche of a vamp must have left you with quite a mark."

She swallowed hard, nodding. It was such a weird feeling, knowing you shared a life force with someone you barely knew, let alone that someone being a Hunter. She realized this was the first guy she had ever had in her room alone, and her skin prickled.