ELEVEN

Dean let Sam in the door, shut it and immediately locked it again.

Holly still sat at the table, trying to calm herself.

"Alright," Sam said, walking into the kitchen, folding his arms. "I took a look at the first murder victim's body. There was definitely a second set of teeth, and they were pointy and sharp." He and his brother shared a look.

Holly tried to avoid looking at Dean.

"Looks like we got ourselves a cannibalistic vampire," Dean said, leaning on the counter. "Perfect. If he's feeding on the blood of his own kind, is that why he's so royally effed up?"

"It must make him stronger, in some way. Enhance his abilities, makes him more aggressive."

Holly nodded, grasping her necklace again. "I can feel it every time he's near. There's something evil inside him."

"How can you feel it?" Sam asked, leaning down and sitting on the edge of the table.

"I have an ability," Holly whispered, still looking at the table. "I can feel people, like track them by their auras. It's weird, I know," she said, knowing they were looking at her like she had sprouted another head. "And believe me, it's not common among witches."

"Well...that could really come in handy," Sam said, jumping up and pacing the kitchen floor. "The feeling you get from this vampire, if you focus on that you could help us track him."

Holly thought for a moment. She hadn't really thought of it that way.

Dean made a move to say something, but Sam interrupted him. "Think about it, Dean. We have no idea where this guy stays during the day, or drags his victims back to at night. Holly could lead us to him."

"And lead herself right to him?" Dean asked, his voice low. "She would be putting herself in serious danger. You saw what the bastard did—he's obviously trying to catch her attention."

Holly found herself a little shocked by this show from Dean, and by Sam's expression, so did he.

"She won't be bait, Dean. She could help us."

Holly stood up. "I want to help. I don't care if he wants me dead, and I want to stop him from killing anymore people."

Dean looked at her, his eyes hard, and she could feel the emotions brewing under his surface. "Your funeral."

He stalked off, grabbing his gun and cell phone from the table. "I'm calling Bobby."

Holly and Sam just stared after him, and Sam clenched his jaw.

"It's my fault," Holly sighed, sitting back down. "I think this whole bonding thing is getting to our heads."

"Yeah." Sam's voice was so soft, she barely heard his reply. He seemed to snap out of whatever thought he was having, and turned to her again. "I'm not forcing you into anything, Holly, but you know that we do need your help."

She couldn't help but smile a little. "That's becoming a bit of a trend, now, isn't it?"

Sam just laughed slightly. "Yeah. I think that's becoming a huge blow to Dean's ego. If he could only get over it, then we could get started and find this thing."

"Before he finds me?" Holly asked, and in her agitation, the journal in front of her flipped a few of its pages, sending a soft breeze whispering over her skin.