Chapter 7 [official]

•did you like my teaser?•

•••

As I emerged from the bay, drenched, & pissed.
No one gets away from me that easily. No. One.
(Well someone did, 2 people actually) shut up.

Hoisting myself out of the water, i noticed by back was all fucked up. I had a piece of wood impaled into my thigh. Great another problem on my hands. "Reich, get back to HQ immediately." EUs voice rang through my ear piece, woopty doo, what a predictable outcome.

•••

I took my place on the metal table in the lab.
The metal spine outlining my back had been opened up & was currently under some repaires & upgrades.

They wanted to extend my athletic capabilities to the latest tek. Which in this lab, was far above those of the outside world.

I flinched as sparks flew from my back.
"Almost done back there?" I snapped. Clenched fist, grinding my sharp teeth. Hurt like a bitch.
"Yes, be patient, this is the 6th time you've asked," Dr. Calico (yes I did) responded annoyed. "Well then hurry up," I snapped.
"Well maybe next time don't go on a joyride through town, & crash your bike straight into the harbor," She sassily replied. "I-... you're right, you're right," I chuckled. She hummed in response.

The screen in front of me turned on to reveal EUs face. "Reich, we've tracked our targets to France, you know what comes next," he ordered. "I'll be right on their trail sir, but ima play around with my prey first," I smirked. "Per usual," he rolled his eyes. "You know me sir, what's the point of a wild goose hunt if you don't find the other geese?" (I just came up with that) good job. "I like your way of thinking, when you're finished up there-..."

"IM TRYING!!!"

I snickered. "Go pick out your squad, & saddle up, because this is gonna be one hell of a ride," was all he said before logging off. Something tells me this is gonna be fun.
Very, very fun.

•••

I picked out a team of 5 other soldiers I found suitable for the mission. They'll be in jets, while I'll just fly there by wings. Obviously.

Before departure at 1900, it was currently 1758, I was in my sweat, prepping my weapons, gadgets, & tools, needed to fuck someone's day over, by that I mean cut their life lines, & by that I mean kill them.

I looked over as my German shepherd came trotting over to me. "Hey girl," I named her blondie (haha history cannon). I grab one of her toys to play with, she likes plush toys, they usually don't last long though. Torn to shreds within a week, but this ones lasted about a month. Shocking on my part.

I just play around with her for a bit, running around my sweat, throughout my living room, kitchen, upstairs, & so fourth. She's the best & only companion I have & need. I got her as an 17th from EU. He said depression was setting in from being lonely. Welp therapy does amazing things, especially dog therapy.

"Reich, report to the lab, we got somethin for ya," I put two of my fingers to the piece to activate it. "Wanna tell me what it is?" I joked, getting up, dusting all of the doggo glitter off best I can. "Lets just day, an old memory," I felt my breath hitch. "Ok I'll be there in a sec!" I spoke quickly, jumping on the spiral railing & sliding down to the first floor.

I sped to he lab. I didn't enter before composing myself. Entering the lab I took note of EU & his wife ASEAN in the room. I only met her one other time, that was a long time ago. "Sir," I bowed my head. "Miss," I did the same to her. "Reich, we have a memory for you, a memory from when you were 14, we think it will be helpful in your elimination of the targets," EU spoke, holding up a chip.

"Really? Wanna tell her what it is?" I asked, I was honestly excited. "That's for you to find out," ASEAN spoke out. "Yes ma'am," I responded.

I watched Dr. Calico walk in, her moves graceful, yet hesitant. She was afraid, but not for herself. "Sit," with that I hoisted myself up onto the metal table, as tunes & wires were hooked up to my metal spine. "You ok?" I asked. She took a breath in, but I didn't get my response.

"Close your eyes," she spoke out again, trying not to let her voice tremble. "Singling our memory 'R14' from the database," the mechanical AI spoke out.

I allowed myself to relax, sitting in place. Before everything went black, & I saw something, felt something, I wish I hadn't. The screams, the terror, the agonizing wait of death. The shame. I saw their faces.
That's why I had a bad hunch.

It was them. America... & Russia. Or Former Soviet Union. Those bastards. I felt a knot build up in my throat. Vengeance burned in the back of my mind, boiling forward. I felt violated. Taken of which that cannot be returned. They bastards are gonna die. Oh I'm gonna hang their heads on my wall. Like trophies hunters hang after a hunt.

Like the elk they are. Then they feel they have the right, to face me in the only place I feel secure, presenting the product of their sins.
Disgusting. I wanted to puke. I wanted to kill. But I also wanted to curl up & be by myself.

The knives in the skin, returns. & I was gonna pull them out & dig them into their hearts.

I opened my eyes & took a breath of air in.
I stay unmoving, my face cold as a single tear roll down my cheek. I didn't care anymore.
In the name of everything I stand for, I will cut a bitch. & god, I'm gonna cut them deep.

After Calico removes the wires & tubes from my back, completely sealing everything off, she asked me a series of questions. I didn't answer. I just got up, walked to my sweet, loaded up on weapons, attached my bionic wing, & eye. Told my men it saddle up. & departed an hour early, because this was gonna be one hell of a ride.

And I'm gonna love every second of it.

————
1056

Get do to much ;3