Chapter 1 (My Story)

Anastasia Rosaline Parker Pov:

I was laying on the floor battered and bruised, bleeding profusely but it was not unusual for me. It was in fact quite the norm. This is my life.

I am Anastasia Rosaline Parker and this is my story.

Everything was perfect, until my mother died from cancer when I was 12. I had a perfect family and two loving parents. When my mom died. It was like I lost both my parents.

My father turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with his loss. We were very close when my mother was alive. When she died I saw a side of him that I wish I never saw.

At first he just neglected me. I was 12 and dealing with my mother's death, obviously I craved comfort from my dad.

After my mother's funeral, he was sitting on the sofa and drinking. I sat beside him, giving him a side hug.

He pushed me away and screamed at me saying it was all my fault.

I did not know what I did wrong but I cried myself to sleep, thinking about my mother and what my father had said to me.

Im sorry dad, I dont know how I caused mom's death but I'm sorry.

Things only took a turn for the worse after this. My life was forever changed and it was not for the better.

Author's note

Upcoming chapters will be longer. Please give this book a try, I promise you will like it.