19 - I'm Sorry 2

Zico POV

After I heard Taewoo's explanation this evening, I rushed to eomma's house.

As I went inside, I straight away looked for eomma. She is not in the living room and kitchen as well. So I went to her room. While I'm outside her room, I saw appa who was just going out from there. We looked at each other and then appa give a signal to go inside

As soon I saw eomma, I spoke

"Eomma..."

She moved her body towards me. She didn't say anything. So, I go to her and sit in front of her while holding her hands.

"Eomma.... mianhae. I already know the truth. Taewoo tell me everything. Eomma.... please forgive me."

I felt like my hair is being shaved off and she spoke

"I've already forgiven you son. I'm sorry too. If I don't force you to get married, this thing will not happen."

"Ani, eomma. I'm the one who ruined this. I know, you did all of this to my happiness. I'm sorry. I should be punished."

"No, Zico-ah. Don't think like that."

I looked at her face and said

"Are you forgive me?"

"I already forgave you a long time ago."

I asked her again

"Do you hate me?"

Eomma smiled and held my cheeks softly and said

"How can I hate my own child? I love you sweetheart."

I hold her hand and said

"Thank you eomma. Thank you so much. I love you too."

We are looked at each other. Then, eomma asked

"How about Altia? Have you seen her?"

I become quiet and answered her question

"Not yet, eomma."

"Why didn't you see her? She must be lonely. She got no one in here."

"I'm afraid eomma. I am afraid when she sees me, she will be angry plus I don't know how to do it eomma."

"No. Trust me. She is not like that."

"I don't know eomma. I don't know how to win her heart."

"Do you want to know?"

"What eomma?"

"She is the most forgiving and soft person that I've met for my entire life. Find the right time and slow talk with her and say you are sorry. I'm sure she will forgive you. Hmmm, yeah... maybe she will not like before but at least you are trying to improve your relationship with her."

I didn't say anything but showed a confused face.

"How about... why not try to help her by doing some homework like cleaning the room, doing laundry, cooking for her and so on. Remember she is your wife not your maid. So, treat her well."

Listening to that advice, I nod and eomma continued

"For me, she is really an amazing person. I always asked her how she can handle so many things at the same time."

I interrupt

"What do you mean eomma?"

"Hmm... yeah. Never once I heard she complained about her works. Imagine, leaving home at 5 in the morning while her actual working time is at 7 am. She has to do that because she has to catch up with the early public transport. I'm asking her why she didn't asked you to send her. Do you know what she said? She said, she don't want to disturb you. She knows you must be tired from working plus you always come home at dawn. So she thinks you must be sleepy and need to rest. That's why she is always late if we have some gathering because it's far from her working place. Besides handling patients, she also had to go back and forth from hospital to university. Then, she needs to monitor her cafe. Plus if she had morning shift like at 2am or 3am. Then have to clean house, cook and all that.. I think... omma cannot do it."

After hearing eomma's explanation and advice, I asked myself to go home.