CHAPTER 8

"Percy," 

Her voice changed from a controlling, murderous tone to a nice forced, gentle tone. She moved beside me, not loosening her grip and nuzzled her head on my shoulders. 

"You don't want to break up with me, Percy. The whole camp likes us together, you don't want to ruin that! Don't be an idiot by breaking up with me Seaweed Brain!"

Annabeth's gentle voice was noticeably forced. She had a creepy smile and a tight grip. 

"Um Annabeth, I do want to break up with you... I don't want to date you anymore, and after you doing this,"

I gestured to her tight grips on my arms. 

"I don't even want to be your friend. I don't care what the camp thinks about me or you. Were breaking up, it has nothing to do with you, you did nothing wrong, but I just want to be with someone else."

I tried to be nice to her because I didn't want her to think that anything was her fault. She was frowning at me this whole time but now she was scowling. She had the same look all the monsters have when they first see me: murderous. She stood up, I kept seated. She started to point at me and yell. All the other campers on the shore were staring at us. Annabeth yelled about how I was a cheater, a terrible boyfriend and person, stupid and useless. They all made sense in my head, these were things I already knew. Instead of thinking about me self harming I thought about how crazy Annabeth was acting right now. She continued yelling. I stood up in front of her and looked her in the eye. She immediately went quiet and the surrounding campers that were watching us erupted in murmurs and whispers amongst themselves. Pointing at Annabeth and mainly me. I don't care, I just wanted to get back to my cabin, away from all these eyes. I knew what Annabeth was doing, she wanted to make me look like the bad guy of the breakup. This was going to start so many rumors. I looked at Annabeth one more time and shook my head at her while walking back to my cabin. I got there and unlocked the cabin door, I closed the door and slid down it until I was at the bottom. My knees were tucked up to my chest and I felt exhausted, bad, somewhat guilty, and angry that Annabeth would throw out our whole friendship over a breakup. I even did the breakup as nice as I could! Maybe its just my loyalty talking, but I would never treat a friend like that. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up a little to see black converse, then black jeans, a black sword, an orange shirt, and the most beautiful face. I smiled and put my head back down into my knees to hide my blush from Nico. Nico smiled and crouched down beside me to put a hand on my shoulder. My cheeks became warmer from the sweet gesture. 

"Percy?" 

My name rolled off of Nico's tongue with a nice faint Italian accent. It was lovely and made my heart flutter.

"I broke up with Annabeth. She made a big scene in front of the other campers though."

Despite my sad voice I was happy to not be her boyfriend anymore. Nico was truly the one I wanted to be with. We both smiled at each other and sat there gazing into each other's eyes lovingly.