CHAPTER 14

Percy's words made sense. Achyles basically snarled at him.

"Untrue narcs you say? Well, I am only here to tell you that when you rescue your little friend, you,"

Her boney finger pointed to Percy.

"Won't be the one to kill the one holding him captive."

Percy wrinkled his nose. His hand was shaking his sword. Maybe he had an idea of who was holding Will? Achyles looked around suddenly worried of something. Her face contourted into a sly grin.

"I must go children. I hope the harpies will go easy on you."

Achyles disappeared with a smile on her face. Thank the gods she was gone. It felt like she was radiating misery. I got pulled back into the memories of when I was in the jar while I was around her. She probably wouldn't be a good person to give a pep talk. Percy lowered his sword, he was shaking. I put my hand on his shoulder, there wasn't much I could say to him to help. I didnt even know what was wrong with him. Did he have an idea of who took Will? Was Achyles throwing Percy back into some of his thoughts with her aura of misery? I didnt know, before I could ask him or even say, 'hey! What the heck?' A pair of claws dug into the underneath of my arms. I could feel my blood running down my arms from the punctures. I couldn't even register the pain. Both of my arms became numb. I felt like a doll being dragged by a little child. I was being pulled away from the river Acheron, and I couldn't see Percy. Black and white dots were slowing blinking into my eyes. Was I really suppose to go on this quest just to die of blood lost? Lame. I couldn't help it, I closed my eyes and passed out.

When I woke up I was in a very comfortable bed. It was slightly better than my bed at cabin 13. I rubbed my eyes and let then adjust to the dark room. The walls, bedsheets, floors and ceiling were black. There were yellow and green lights illuminating the room slightly. There weren't many things in the room. A bed, giant closet and bathroom, flat-screen tv, and a few dressers and storage compartments. I almost smacked myself, this was my room! My room in my father's castle. Duh! I got out of bed and took a shower. I didnt bother to wrap a towel around my waist, i mean who was going to walk into my room anyways? I got dressed. I put on a pair of gray cuffed jeans that were ripped at the knees. At this point, I'm thinking ripped jeans were my signature clothing choice. I wore an oversized honey yellow T-shirt. I slipped on some ankle blue socks and white converse. I looked in the mirror. I could imagine Leo's stupid voice in my head. 'Looking good di Angelo!' I chuckled and left my room. I walked down the long hallways lined with green torches. I made my way down to the dining room. It was around 8am. Somebody was probably eating breakfast. When I walked into the black dining room, I saw Hades and Persephone eating at the table. I felt happy, even though Persephone and I had some differences, we had worked most of them out during my time that I've spend down here. She helped me go shopping for room decorations in the mortal world, and I've helped her in her garden quite a bit. Her hibiscus' and poppies were looking healthy thanks to me making mixtures of soil for them. I smiled and greeted them.

"Hello Nico! It's good to see you again, We had the harpies bring you and Persesus here yesterday! He's still asleep, darling, but he should be up in about an hour."

Persephone genuinely smiled at me. Persephone was a very beautiful goddess. She had light brown hair that reached her lower back. Her skin was tanned and she had an immense amount of freckles. She had green eyes, and she always wore casual clothes. We both had about the same clothing styles so it wasn't unusual for us to trade T-shirts. Today she wore blue high waisted bell bottoms and a pale purple T-shirt. She had a flower crown placed gently on top of her head. She looked the opposite of my father. He was pale as the souls outside. His face was angilar and his hair was short and black. His toga and eyes were also black or dark brown, you could say, in some places. I sat down across from Persephone, and beside Hades. His plates worked just like the plates from camp. You though of a food, and there it was. I though of a cup of sugary coffee. You'd probably think that I would like black coffee, huh? No, yuck! I had a secret... I had a giant sweet tooth! If I hadent already been scolded by Hades about proper breakfast items, I would be having some sort of expresso pumped mocha right now. Instead I had to stick with sugared coffee. I took a few sips when a skeleton came into the room with Percy. He was wearing blue jeans, shoes, socks, and a light blue T-shirt. He looked uneasy, of course he was in Hades castle, that would make anyone nervous. The fact that my father hated Percy probably added to his uneasiness. He awakwardly sat down beside me and blue pancakes stacked themselves on his plate. He looked at Persephone, who gave his a smile. Hades, who scowled at him and continued his conversation with Persephone. And finally me.

"Hey, good morning."

I smiled at him. And took another sip of coffee. He smiled back and stifled a yawn. He1blinked at me groggedly, smiling.

"Morning, are we going to get what we need and go?"

"Nah, I was thinking we could stay here for a few days."

I looked away from him and took another sip of coffee. When I glanced back at him he looked worried. I chuckled and slightly hit his arm.

"I was joking, Perce. I'll ask Hades what he has for us after breakfast."

Percy immediately loosened up and looked relieved. He exhaled air, and inhaled pancakes. Everyone was finishing breakfast. Persephone went elsewhere and left Percy, Hades, and me in the room. Hades crossed his arms and stared daggers at Percy, who tried his hardest not to make eye contact with him. The awkwardness in the room was to thick, you could cut it with a knife.