Our Kiss And Masterplan

Skyler's P.O.V

I was trying to think of something to keep me busy. Anything to make sure I don't rip someone's head off their body.

I sighed moving the ring dagger between my fingers and looked down at the crossbow with Mom's letter stuck underneath it. I hate that it haunts me.

It still sits at my desk staring back at me. And I'm still avoiding reading it mostly because I don't want to be an emotional wreck.

But I need a distraction because Stiles missing is turning me into a big enough wreck.

I moved the crossbow to one side and unfolded the letter looking down at it. It was sure as hell her handwriting. Now all I have to do is not burn it.

I took one deep breath in before reading it.

Hey Kiddo, You know right now I'm watching you yell at Stiles and Scott in the park. You are going to be one tough kid when you grow up. I'm sick sweetie and probably going to be gone by the time you're reading this. And I can't say that I don't want you to be sad, but I want you to be strong. I left this in your Aunt Tessa's hands, hoping she would give it to you at the right time. That woman has always had a thing for keeping you on your toes. Just promise you won't let them take over your life. I've watched you grow up long enough to know you are gonna make me proud. No matter who you are. Do not let the Argents pick and choose who you become. If it's some advice I would choose to give you it's to trust Chris. Not Gerard or anyone else. Confide in him. Just remember you are stronger than that. And will you stop torturing Noah's kid. If it does not go from pulling pigtails to hugs and kisses I'm going to be sending some serious signs down to make sure it does. Just promise me, that even when I'm not with you, you'll always stay strong. And remember. You aren't an Argent or a Jenson. Your equal and yet still you. You do not have to choose between the two Sky. That's what the necklace is for. Saying I love you isn't strong enough, but what I can say is that if you ever feel like you are going through hell. I'll make sure I'm watching to support you through it.

I laughed quickly wiping my eyes while placing the letter in my draw. I sighed placing my head down on my desk.

My mom died a while back. Having her letter felt like I could hear her voice again.

I'm over my mom's death. It occurred almost eight years ago and she taught me all I needed to know even though I only had her for eight years of my life.

But it's nice feeling like I'm hearing from her again. Like a fresh reminder that I love you isn't strong enough to let her know I do love her.

And this is why I need Stiles. Because if he's not here to tell me he knows how it feels I'm alone again.

Where are you, Stiles? God where the hell are you?!

I heard a faint knock on my door and saw Dad standing there with an unsure look on his face. I quickly tried hiding the crossbow but it was no use.

"You know as being part of the Sheriff's department I should arrest you for having lethal weapons armed in your room without a license." Dad joked and I raised my eyebrows trying to feel amused.

"Thanks for trying Dad." I sighed playing around with an arrowhead. "I just...where is he? After all the crap I've done to him, I can't lose him." I felt my voice starting to break and placed my hand above my eyes trying not to let tears loose.