Chapter 5

Everett's POV

     Rose. The most beautiful flower for the most beautiful girl. Every time I look at her, my hands get sweaty and my heart rate picks up. I can't stop the stupid smile that threatens to break across my face every time she smiles at me. I never knew a mate bond could be this strong until I met her at the bar the other day.

     I saw her stumbling down the side alleyway to the bar and couldn't help thinking just how gorgeous she was. I was afraid to leave her out there since she seemed to be alone and intoxicated. It wasn't until I got closer that I picked up on an angelic smell that I knew only to be my mate. I was surprised but ecstatic knowing that this girl was mine. I felt my wolf go into protective mode as I saw her lock eyes with me. She looked almost fearful and dreadful as I walked towards her. I thought that maybe it was because a 6'4 guy was approaching her in a darkened alleyway, but now I realize that she just didn't want a mate. Now you add two more to the mix and she's really not into the whole mate idea.

     When she kissed me, before..you know.. snapping my neck, I felt like my whole world just clicked into place. I had never felt that sort of love and affection from anyone else before. I know this is lame but I'm actually a virgin. I've been waiting my whole life to find my mate and I never wanted to make her feel like she wasn't worth the wait. I could care less if Rose isn't a virgin. I just want to make her feel special in a way that I know she deserves.

     To find out that she wasn't human was a relief. I've heard horror stories of werewolf/human mates and I was scared shitless that that could be me and Rose. However, I am a little bummed out that she at least has something in common with Atticus and Axel. She would never know what it's like to be a werewolf and a part of me was worried that she wouldn't connect with me as much as she would with them.

     I was snapped out of my thoughts as Rose glared daggers at Axel. The prick tries way too hard at being the bad guy. We all know he already has a soft spot for Rose whether he'll admit it or not. I looked over at Atticus who pretty much always looks amused. He was really an easy going guy, although he is cocky and stern at times.

     "Do you just drink your victim's blood or do you engage in the act a little more?" Axel asked Rose with an angry expression.

     "I don't know what you mean." She shrugged, looking at her nails.

     "Oh come on, all vampires know that blood is better when engaging in sexual acts." Axel leveled her with a glare.

     "Oh, get off your bat." She scoffed, eyes turning hard. "If you're asking if I fuck some of the guys, then yes, I do." Axel was about to respond before she cut him off. "And don't you lecture me when I know you do the same. As you said, all vampires know that blood is better when engaging in sexual acts." She smirked at his reddened face.

     "Okay, knock it off you two. Geez, it's like you're the same person." Atticus interrupted them before there was a full-on vamp fight in the limo. They both seemed to find that statement unamusing as they glared at him.

     "God, how far away is this place? Can you not just teleport us there?" Rose asked Atticus.

     He rolled his eyes. "No, there's magic barriers surrounding our property so no one can pinpoint our location ever. Which means we also can't teleport there since there's technically no location. Plus, portals leave behind a residue which witches can use to track." He looked up at Rose from his phone. "Don't you know that? Most witches learn from their parents or their coven."

     Rose dodge his eye contact as she gazed out the window. "Yeah. Must have slipped my mind." She said quietly. I looked around at the guys as they all stared at her in confusion. I don't know much about Rose but I can tell that she doesn't have anyone on her side based on her social interactions.