Chapter 30

"Guys!" I screamed again, staring wide-eyed at the blood seeping through my gown. My vision started going in and out as tears blurred my vision.

     "Rose!" Atticus yelled back. I could hear my mates running and yelling to get help, but I felt frozen.

     It's like my brain decided to check out as I sat on the daisy covered forest floor. I vaguely noticed that the daisies dulled to their natural color as my magic dwindled inside of me.

     "Rose, baby breathe. We're taking you to the pack doctor," Everett's voice filtered into my hazy thoughts, making me take in a shaky breath.

     I blinked my eyes, looking at Axel as he picked me up and began to walk with me to the portal Atticus opened up.

     Axel ran into the small building sitting on the outskirts of Everett's pack. I was quickly ushered into one of the patient rooms where doctors and nurses flocked me on all sides. I sat, staring dead-eyed at the mirror sitting across from my bed.

     I watched silently as the nurses hooked me up to various machines. My breathing got quicker as I felt heavy with equipment weighing me down. I could distantly hear voices trying to calm me down, but I couldn't. I felt trapped. Trapped in my own mind and body. Like I did with the alphas, like I did at the council headquarters, like I did now.

     I watched as blood trickled down my nose, out of my eyes, and from my mouth. I looked like a monster. My breathing intensified as I heard voices shouting in the room, but never once did I break eye contact from the mirror.

     I blinked once, shattering the mirror into a million pieces before I felt a prick on my arm, making everything go black.

---------------------------------------

     "No! That's not fucking happening!" Axel's voice punctured through the deep sleep that I was currently in.

     "There has to be something else we can do," Atticus said in a much quieter tone than Axel.

     I cracked my eyes open, blinking away the remaining darkness. We were still in the same room I was taken into, but something was off. All three of my mates weren't looking at me, but at a nurse.

     Axel looked frightened and wide-eyed as he continuously ran his fingers through his hair. Atticus looked somber as he talked quietly with the nurse, while Everett looked straight at the floor with tears in his eyes.

     "We can't make that kind of decision without Ro-" Atticus's voice cut off as he made eye contact with me across the room.

     "Make what decision?" I asked in a scratchy voice. Axel and Everett's heads whipped over to look at me. However, it wasn't in relief, but in despair. My poor mates looked so heartbroken and speechless, and I didn't even know why.

     "Can we have a minute?" Axel asked the nurse, although he never took his eyes off me. The nurse nodded her head, giving me a brief smile before she left the room.

     "Hey, baby girl, how are you feeling?" Everett asked, coming up to the right side of the bed.

     "Come on, big man. Quit bullshitting me, what's going on?" I asked, still noticing the trace of tears on his face. Something serious was going on and my guys weren't telling me. "It's the babies...isn't it?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end. I felt it without them even having to say anything. Something was wrong.

     I looked between the three of them who could hardly meet my gaze. Axel glared at the floor while Everett shifted uncomfortably. Atticus gulped, looking between the guys before his saddened gaze met mine. "The babies have to be delivered by tomorrow."