Chapter 24

I looked at Everett as he held a stoic expression. Although Everett was a sweet and sensitive guy, I knew he wouldn't show any weakness. That was the alpha in him.

     "Let him go you psychotic bitch," I snarled at her. I could feel my wolf about to burst at the seams at the clear violent intent in my mother's eyes.

     "Now, now. Is that any way to talk to your mother?" She asked as she tightened her hold on Everett's throat, blood now dripping out of his wound.

     "Leave him the fuck out of this. This is between me and you, mother," I growled and spit the words angrily at her.

     "I really didn't want to have to do any of this Rosalie but you left me with no choice." She gave a subtle nod towards the reinforcements she had with her. They began approaching our group, or what was left of it at the moment.

     I didn't pay them any attention, as my eyes were glued on my mother and Everett. "This is between me and you. Leave my mates out of this," I said again, hoping she would let Everett go before I attacked.

     She choked out a maniac laugh that sent shivers down my spine. "Let them leave? Oh, Rosalie. You should know better than that. Why would I let you and your mates go? However, I might reconsider after the birth of my grandchildren."

     I felt the eyes of my three mates on me after they let my mother's words sink in. That was definitely not the way that I wanted them to find out. I felt myself grow hot and angry at the position she has put me in.

     I clenched my teeth in anger. "You're not getting them. If you want them so fucking bad, then you'll have to kill me to get to them."

     She smirked as she looked at the guards who were currently surrounding us. "That can be arranged."

     Those simple words caused a chaotic fight to break out against both the guards and my group. Spells were thrown, people were shifting, and blood was being spilled down the hallway floor. However, my eyes still never left my mothers even as guards were getting closer towards me.

     My eyes zeroed in on the pressure my mother was applying on Everett's neck as she smirked at me. I felt myself grow agonizingly hot as I saw the pain that was reflected in Everett's eyes. My mate was hurt, my mate needed me. I raised my hand, using my magic like a vacuum, as I magically pulled the knife towards me and out of my mother's hand.

     She stared wide-eyed at me from the force of my magic, or it could be the fact that her entire hand is now charred black and flaming. She stood in shock, most likely not even feeling the pain from it. Everett took the opportunity by ripping himself from her grip and using the silver chains on his wrist to choke her.

     That spurred me into action as I used my magic to get through the remaining security guards. I ducked as a body was thrown over my head and against the wall. I looked back as Everett groaned in pain while clutching his side.

     "Everett!" I yelled as I rushed over to his side. He gave me a small smile as he held my face in his hands.

     "Hey, baby girl. I have so much I want to say to you...," He said before Axel shoved us both to the ground.

     "Not now you don't. We have a problem," He said, looking somewhere behind me. I turned around, wondering what the problem was. Shit. My eyes widened as council members started pouring into the room.

     I nodded my head and gulped. "Yeah, I'd say we have a big fucking problem, Ax."

     Atticus ran over to us as he chanted different spells one after another to shield us from the oncoming fight. "So, this was unexpected. What's the plan?" He asked, keeping an eye on my mother and the council members.