Chapter 28

The process of waking up was much slower today. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm burying my best friend and being crowned Luna over my mate's respected groups. No, not all.

     "Rose....Rosie....Rosebud," Atticus called, pushing my body back and forth from the fetal position I was currently in.

     "Did you seriously just call me the name of the dog in Air Buddies?" I asked him with a trace of humor until my eyes widened. "Holy shit, we're about to have a litter of puppies!" I exclaimed in horror and awe.

     "I have no idea what that is, but you seriously have to get out of bed, Roe." I gave him a soft glare before laying back down and dragging the comforter back over my head. He heaved a sigh before grabbing my foot from underneath the covers and pulling me clean of the bed and into his arms.

     "I don't want to go today. I'm not ready," I said, struggling to get out of his grip. He wasn't even using magic to restrain me. Now, this is just embarrassing.

     "You're never going to be ready, but you have to be," He said, giving me sorrowful eyes and a sad smile.

     I sighed, knowing he was right but not wanting to admit it. I don't even want to acknowledge that Jackson is dead...and it's because of me. Not to mention, I was about to be responsible for hundreds of people.

     "Fine. I'll go, on one condition..." I said slowly.

     Atticus furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes at me. "And what's that?"

     I smiled a toothy grin. "Fix me some breakfast... you know, the one where you make a smiley face with my eggs and bacon," I said, giving him my best pout and puppy dog eyes.

     He shook his head, laughing as he set me back down on the floor. "You're so predictable."

     I furrowed my eyebrows but followed him as we made our way to the kitchen. Axel and Everett's heads snap up upon hearing us enter. They looked as if they were waiting on some news that I was unable to give them because I had no fucking idea what was going on.

     Atticus smirked as he looked between me and the guys. "Pay up, Everett."

     I openly gaped at my three mates who were exchanging money. "Wha-Whats's going on?"

     Axel looked up and gave me a cocky smirk and a wink. "Sorry, Princess. The boys and I decided to place money on what you would probably say this morning."

     I looked over at Atticus and Everett. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? You placed bets on me?" I shook my head in disbelief. "And I don't even get a cut of it? That sounds unfair!"

     The room was plunged into silence as the guys looked a little ashamed to be placing bets on their pregnant mate. A laugh ripped through the tense silence of the kitchen as I blinked back into reality.

     I looked over half expecting it to be Atticus since he can't take anything seriously, but no, it was....Everett? The three of us looked as Everett was bent over laughing his ass off.

     "Guys, please don't tell me you took my shrooms stash from my old house and mistaken it for edible mushrooms," I said with a bit of anxiety.

     "No...wait you have a shroom stash?" Atticus asked with a shocked expression.

     I shrugged. "What? I was being experimentive in my 20s."

     Axel looked over at me in amusement. "You're only 21."

     I shrugged again, looking back at Everett as he finally calmed down form his laughing fit. "You're just so fucking cute. When you get mad, I try to be serious but I just can't help it," Everett said, giving me a panty-dropping smile.